A couple is catching some heat on social media after posing for what some have deemed the “most inappropriate selfie ever” on New Year’s Eve.
The Address Downtown Dubai hotel went up in flames shortly before the city’s New Year’s Eve fireworks were due to take place that night.
Instagram user AbdulRahman Alateeqi posted the photo in front of the burning hotel Thursday night, with the caption: “Happy New Year my dear Dubai. May God bless you and keep you safe, you always surprise us with the biggest fireworks,” according to Daily Mirror.
Before the picture was deleted, some of the comments on AbdulRahman Alateeqi’s picture were not so friendly.
One Instagram user called the photo “the most inappropriate selfie ever.”
“Yeah let’s take a selfie where people could be burning to death,” said another.
“So f***ing inappropriate,” a user chimed in.
One user asked, “How evil or stupid are this couple taking a picture in front of a towering inferno.”
“Take this down,” another urged.
Daily Mirror reports at least 14 people were injured in the fire.