President Obama’s campaign team for 2012 is beginning to look very familiar. Today, the Obama campaign named 35 national co-chairs.
And no, Obama’s voice is not Grammy-worth there.
Many of the names will ring a bell:
- Former White House Chief of Staff Bill Daley headed back to Chicago, but not to slip into an early retirement – he’ll co-chair the election campaign.
- Former White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel will join him. So much for that supposedly egregious Obama/Emanuel split. That was for public consumption so that Rahm could look like an independent-minded fellow while taking over for the Daleys.
- Caroline Kennedy, who wasn’t quite good enough to fill Hillary Clinton’s seat in the Senate, is good enough to fill the co-chair seat for Barack Obama.
- The Hollywood contingent is covered, with Eva Longoria and Kalpen Modi stepping up to represent. Modi, you’ll remember, quit House to work at the White House, where he promptly got enmeshed in attempting to shift the National Endowment for the Arts into a political propaganda machine for Obama.
- Senator Dick “Pol Pot” Durbin joins the crowd.
- Penny Pritzker, a heavily moneyed 2008 holdover, is back for more, even though she was heavily associated with Superior Bank, which failed in 2001 and was taken over by regulators after engaging in predatory lending practices.
- Governor Lincoln Chafee, the former Republican Senator who decided to switch party affiliations to independent to run for Rhode Island governor, is now fully on board with the Obama Administration. Not surprisingly, he is also up for re-election come 2014. Turns out all those Republicans getting heartburn because of Chafee in the Senate had good reason.
- Senator Russ Feingold, father of the McCain-Feingold Campaign Finance Reform bill, joins Obama’s campaign despite the fact that Obama’s 2008 campaign was plagued by voter fraud and donations from overseas.
- Maria Elena Durazo, Executive Secretary-Treasurer of the Los Angeles County Federation of Labor, AFL-CIO, will ensure that Obama stays in line with his union masters’ desires and wishes. This is the same woman who compared Los Angeles to South Africa under apartheid and led a caravan to Phoenix to bug Jan Brewer over Arizona’s illegal immigration law.
- Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, the most incompetent mayor in Los Angeles history, signed up.
- So did Joe Salmonese, head of Human Rights Campaign, the organization dedicated to lobbying for gay entitlements.
- Emanuel Cleaver joined the team – he currently sits on the House Financial Services Committee and is Chair of the Congressional Black Caucus. You may remember him from when he was claiming without any evidence that he’d been the target of n-word taunts from a Tea Party crowd on March 20, 2010.
- Loretta Harper of Las Vegas, a teacher who gave her students credit for campaigning for Democrats, as Jim Hoft reports, is part of the team.
- Felisia Martin from Milwaukee, an office administrator, is part of the gang, too. According to the Obama website, “She believes that it is imperative that every individual eligible to vote in every election.” Good thing she’s not a teacher. That’s not a complete sentence.
This list goes on and on. It’s a rogues gallery. But what else would you expect from the same campaign that brought you the most corrupt administration in modern history?