The New York City Police Department is sending 40 cops on a manhunt to search for a “dangerous” suspect in a sexual assault case, according to a report.
The NYPD says the sexual assault suspect, Ronald Williams, 21, is a danger to the public and could attack again, WABC reported Saturday.
UPDATE: Help us find Ronald Williams, this is in connection with the sexual assault that happened in the vicinity of 72nd Road and Kissena Blvd in the confines of the @NYPD107Pct in #Queens on 4/30. Share info. $10,000 Reward Call #800577TIPS pic.twitter.com/uBxeCUnP5O
— NYPD NEWS (@NYPDnews) May 5, 2018
Police say Williams carried out the vicious attack on a 52-year-old woman in Queens at random.
“It was unusually brutal — she was physically assaulted, very badly,” Capt. Elisa Anders, of the NYPD’s Special Victims Unit, said. “She’s still hospitalized.”
Once the attack had been reported to the NYPD, the department assigned a 40-person task force to hunt for Williams using social and technological resources.
“A case like this leaving a victim as brutally beaten as she was is extremely troublesome,” Anders said.
The New York Daily News reported that the suspect sexually assaulted and brutally beat the 52-year-old victim, who had just come back from dropping her son off at school. The suspect allegedly beat the victim so brutally she had to be hooked up to a ventilator and could not speak to detectives for a few days because of the severity of her condition.
The NYPD is offering a $10,000 reward to anyone who might have information leading to the suspect’s capture.