Ah Summer. We put together our list of favorite Summer trailers for your enjoyment.
This weekend, “The Avengers” will easily take the top spot, but has its eye on the bigger prize.
Predictions and revenue results go as follows:
1. The Avengers ($165 Million) – Currently the top opening weekend record belongs to “Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Part Two” with $169 million. “Avengers” will make an all-out assault on that record, only to come up just short.
2. Think Like A Man ($8 Million) – Film will be happy just to get what it can against the “Avengers” onslaught. For the record, it will go down as the highest box office grosser to open in month of April this year. That’s very impressive.
3. Pirates!: Band Of Misfits ($6.3 Million) – Family audiences will flock to “Avengers” leaving this one with table scraps. Will hope to at least hold onto some of the much younger children groups.
4. The Hunger Games ($6 Million) – “Avengers” will best its opening, but “Games” has posted a very strong overall box office number. Film has also pulled ahead of where “Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Part Two” was at the 40-day mark. “Games” has earned $373 million besting “Potter’s” 367 million.
5. The Five-Year Engagement ($5.6 Million) – After last week’s lower than expected opening, things won’t get much better. Film may even lose its top five spot to “The Lucky One” if not careful.
Sensei have it right? Or will “Avengers” take down the record after all?