Thor was mighty last week, but it couldn’t achieve the high mark set by Sensei. Regardless, Sensei’s accuracy rate remains higher than most prediction sites and continues to have a very nice Fall season.
This week, can anyone challenge for the top spot?
Sensei’s weekend predictions and revenue results are as follows:
1. “Thor: The Dark World” ($42 million) – No doubt on this call. Look for a solid second weekend that sends the God of Thunder within reach of the $150 million domestic mark. Marvel’s brand of superhero film remains as strong as ever.
2. “The Best Man Holiday” ($22 million) – This one has had very healthy marketing, and is timed just right as the season’s first holiday release. Christian Toto noted earlier this week the film’s “spiritual side,” something which will greatly help expand its demographics. Look for this one to surprise and grab a 20+ finish.
3. “Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa” ($7.8 million)– Checking this one’s progress, film will come within reach of the $88 million domestic mark. The next few weeks are crucial in this film’s quest to break the $100 million domestic mark.
4. “Last Vegas” ($7.5 million) – This one will continue to play well in coming weeks. As mentioned before, the film’s concept is clever and taps right into The Hangover and Grown Ups vein. Film looks to break the $45 million domestic mark.
5. “Ender’s Game” ($6.2 million) – Unlike sci-fi box office disappointments After Earth and Elysium, this one has much higher audience marks (which will also greatly help international grosses). Look for an easy break of the $50 million domestic mark. With few sci-fi features set for release this fall, this one will hang around the box office for quite some time.
Those are Sensei’s calls. Enjoy the weekend.