Breitbart News Corporate Statement on Stephen K. Bannon

Campaign CEO Stephen Bannon listens during Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump's round table discussion on security at Trump Tower in the Manhattan borough of New York, U.S., August 17, 2016. REUTERS/Carlo Allegri
REUTERS/Carlo Allegri

NEW YORK, NY (August 17, 2016)— Breitbart News Executive Chairman Stephen K. Bannon will take a temporary leave of absence from Breitbart and will resume work with Breitbart the evening of November 8, 2016

“Steve is a huge piece of manpower and we know he will perform brilliantly in his new role as CEO of the Trump presidential campaign,” said Breitbart CEO and President Larry Solov. “We look forward to continuing to deliver the kind of first-in-class news coverage that has generated well-over one billion pageviews so far this year.”

No interim replacement will be made.

“Last month, Breitbart achieved 192 million pageviews, 31 million uniques, and 89 million visits,” said Breitbart Editor-in-Chief Alexander Marlow. “And we’re the number one political Facebook page in the world, with two million more engagements than Huffington Post. We look forward to keeping up that same standard of excellence in Steve’s temporary absence.”

All campaign-related inquiries should be directed to the Trump campaign.

For media inquiries, please contact:

Alexandra V. Preate
Chief Executive Officer
CapitalHQ
340 Madison Avenue
New York, New York 10173
(212) 588-9148
(917) 748-6537 cell

###

Breitbart News’ radio partners SiriusXM released the following statement:

“Steve Bannon is taking a temporary leave of absence from Breitbart News. The Breitbart News Daily program and weekend editions on SiriusXM will continue uninterrupted – led by Breitbart News Editor-in-Chief Alex Marlow and other members of the Breitbart News team, many already familiar to our audience.”

.