Three more men have been arrested in London today on suspicion of planning a terror attack in the capital, with links to ISIS, according to a statement released today by the Metropolitan Police.
The arrests on Monday were linked to an investigation into a suspected Isis terror cell which saw five men arrested last week in dawn raids by police and firearms unit SO19.
At the time of the first arrests Whitehall officials said they “may have foiled the early stages” of a terror attack in the UK.
Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe told BBC London Radio that the police and counter terrorism units were “having to be more interventionalist” in their approach to protecting the country from attacks.
His request to the people of London not to worry may now be overlooked with these latest arrests which were conducted at a business address in West London we well as at four homes in North West London.
Police have confirmed that the suspects, aged 21, 24 and 25 are being held in police custody.
A spokesman said “All three were arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terror.”
No further information on the suspects is being released and it is not known whether the suspects are what authorities call ‘home grown’ terrorists or had been abroad to countries with isis links in recent months.