Court Approves Home Razings for Tel Aviv Shooters

Israeli forces demolish a house during an Israeli army operation in the West Bank city of Hebron on October 8, 2010. Two Hamas militants, whom Israel said were behind an attack which left four settlers dead, were killed by Israeli troops in the southern West Bank overnight. AFP PHOTO / …
HAZEM BADER/AFP/Getty

The Times of Israel reports: The High Court gave the go-ahead Sunday for the Israel Defense Forces to demolish the homes of the two Palestinian terrorists accused of carrying out a shooting attack in central Tel Aviv last month, killing four people and injuring 41.

Cousins Khalid Muhamra and Muhammad Muhamra were both captured immediately after the June 8 attack at a restaurant in the popular Sarona Market entertainment area, in what investigators described as an Islamic State-inspired shooting.

They are awaiting trial on murder charges along with another Palestinian man, Younis Ayash Musa Zayn, accused of helping the two.

Noting that the shooting was the deadliest yet in a wave of attacks that began in October, the court said the army could proceed to destroy the homes of the two, in the southern West Bank town of Yatta, outside Hebron.

However, the court also partially accepted an appeal by neighbors seeking protection for their homes in the same multistory buildings.

Read more here.

.