Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA), Democrat presidential candidate Joe Biden’s running mate, promoted a bail fund that helped free five convicted domestic abusers and one accused domestic abuser from jail, a report details.
In June, as left-wing riots ravaged the city of Minneapolis, Minnesota, over the death of George Floyd, Harris promoted a fund to bail out rioters called the Minnesota Freedom Fund.
“If you’re able to, chip in now to the @MNFreedomFund to help post bail for those protesting on the ground in Minnesota,” Harris posted to her supporters with a link to donate.
Court records obtained by the Daily Caller now reveal that the Minnesota Freedom Fund helped spring from jail six convicted and accused domestic abusers — including two men who allegedly strangled women.
The six men freed by the Harris-promoted bail fund include:
Donavan Dexter Boone, 31, was arrested May 2 after he allegedly broke into his son’s mother’s apartment and proceeded to strangle her in front of her minor children, according to a statement of probable cause.
- 28-year-old Davlin Devonte Gates, accused of strangling a woman
- 31-year-old Donavan Dexter Boone, accused of strangling a woman in front of her minor children
- 29-year-old Matthew Owens Earl Thompson, accused of breaking into a woman’s home
- 53-year-old Tyrone Thomas Shields, accused of punching his wife in the head and threatening to “keep beating”
- 29-year-old Reece Omaur Bonneville, accused of assaulting his partner
- 40-year-old Marcus Marshun Butler, accused of assaulting his girlfriend
This month, Breitbart News reported that the same bail fund promoted by Harris helped set free a man accused of sexually assaulting an 8-year-old girl, a man accused of assaulting a 71-year-old woman, and a man accused of stomping on and robbing a victim the same day Floyd died.
Likewise, as San Francisco District Attorney, Harris created a jobs program for prisoners that let illegal alien Alexander Izaguirre take work. Izaguirre, months later, robbed then-29-year-old Amanda Kiefer before jumping into an SUV to run her over. Kiefer suffered bleeding from her ear and a fractured skull.
John Binder is a reporter for Breitbart News. Follow him on Twitter at @JxhnBinder.