Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Monday:
1. LAST-GASP GOP DRIVE TO REPEAL OBAMACARE COLLAPSES
Effectively sinking the legislation, Maine Sen. Susan Collins refuses to support the newest plan to tear down the Affordable Care Act.
2. HOW NKOREA INTERPRETS TRUMP TWEET
Pyongyang’s top diplomat sees Trump tweet that North Korean leaders “won’t be around much longer” as a “declaration of war,” but U.S. officials disagree.
3. TRUMP ADDS FUEL TO FEUD WITH PRO ATHLETES
With a fresh volley of tweets, the president continues his dispute with the NFL over players who kneel in protest of racial injustice.
4. NEW TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS SET TO START NEXT MONTH
The latest rules limit entry of citizens from Chad, Iran, Libya, North Korea, Somalia, Syria, and Yemen — and some Venezuelan officials — but critics say the ban won’t hold up in court.
5. ‘IT’S A HEAT FROM HELL’
That’s how Miguel Martinez of San Juan, Puerto Rico describes life without air conditioning, fans, cold water and other tropical necessities as 1.6 million electricity customers remain cut off in the wake of Hurricane Maria.
6. MARIA THREATENS OUTER BANKS
Evacuations are ordered as The U.S. National Hurricane Center issues a tropical storm warning from Cape Lookout north up the coast to the Virginia line.
7. WHY FORMER FOLLOWERS ACCUSE NC CHURCH OF FRAUD
An Associated Press investigation reveals that ex-members of the Word of Faith Fellowship say founder Jane Whaley pressured the congregation to file bogus unemployment claims.
8. WHO GETS 21-MONTH PRISON SENTENCE FOR SEXTING A MINOR
A federal judge sends Former Congressman Anthony Weiner to jail for illicit online contact with a 15-year-old girl.
9. ‘KINGSMAN’ IS CROWNED NO. 1 AT BOX OFFICE
Fox’s spy comedy sequel debuts with $39 million, dethroning the horror film “It.”
10. PRINCE HARRY, GIRLFRIEND MAKE FIRST OFFICIAL PUBLIC APPEARANCE
The prince and Meghan Markle hold hands at Harry’s Invictus Games for wounded veterans in Toronto.