June 17 (UPI) — TV director Michael Morris’ Tesla went up in flames while he was driving in Los Angeles on Friday, according to his wife, actress Mary McCormack.
McCormack tweeted a video of Morris’ black Tesla as flames gushed from underneath while on Santa Monica Boulevard.
“@Tesla This is what happened to my husband and his car today,” she wrote. “No accident, out of the blue, in traffic on Santa Monica Blvd. Thank you to the kind couple who flagged him down and told him to pull over. And thank god my three little girls weren’t in the car with him.”
Firefighters arrived on the scene and put out the fire. No injuries were reported.
Electrek.co, a news site promoting the Tesla brand, said the fire may have been caused by a punctured battery pack, which could have been damaged while driving over something the driver was not aware of.
Morris is currently a director on 13 Reasons Why and has directed episodes of House of Cards, Preacher and Brothers and Sisters.