Ecuador launches military operation where journalists kidnapped

Quito (Ecuador) (AFP) – Ecuador has resumed military and police operations along the frontier with Colombia following the kidnapping and murder of a three-man journalist team in the area, President Lenin Moreno said on Friday. 

“We have resumed… military and police operations in the strip of land by the border where they were previously suspended and I am immediately sending in a deployment of elite units from the army and the police,” Moreno said. 

.