Trump won’t attend White House correspondents’ dinner

Washington (AFP) – US President Donald Trump has decided not to attend the annual White House correspondents’ dinner for a second year in a row, organizers said on Wednesday.

“The White House has informed us that the president does not plan to participate in this year’s dinner,” Margaret Talev, the president of the White House Correspondents’ Association, said in a statement ahead of the dinner on April 28.

Trump regularly accuses major media organizations such as CNN and The New York Times of bias and organized a rally of supporters on the same evening as last year’s dinner.

.