Thales, Bharat Electronics Limited incorporate joint venture

PARIS, Oct. 1 (UPI) —

Incorporation of a joint venture between Thales and Bharat Electronics Limited for civilian and defense radar has been approved by the Indian government.




The company is BEL-THALES Systems Limited. Bharat Electronics Limited has a 74 percent stake in the venture, with Thales holding the remaining 26 percent.




Its initial product portfolio includes air surveillance, air traffic management radars, and ground-based military radars.




The new company said it plans to expand into the broader defense electronics domain.




"The incorporation of this joint venture company marks an important milestone in our 60 year-old association with BEL, and takes it to the next level," said Eric Lenseigne, managing director of Thales in India. "We will constantly support BEL-Thales Systems to become a center of excellence, offering solutions specifically aimed at meeting the needs of both Indian and export customers — in line with the government’s ‘Make in India’ approach."




.