Last weekend, the Biltmore Hotel in Miami hosted a gathering of left-wing muckety-mucks plotting their strategy for the 2012 election cycle. The group hosting the meet-up was the Democracy Alliance, a 2005-created organization of high-powered liberal billionaires. As the Washington Free Beacon reports:
Attendees roamed the grounds at the 150-acre tropical resort on their way to cocktail gatherings, salsa dance lessons, and workshops such as “Occupy the Voting Booth” and “The 1 Percent Rule.” Local police guarded entrances as members attended a “partners only” meeting in the hotel’s Country Club Courtyard.
George Soros showed up to party, as did Andy Stern, former SEIU president. Ari Rabin-Havt, executive vice president of Media Matters for America, walked around talking about his latest chat with Stephanie Cutter, deputy campaign manager for President Obama. Members of the Center for American Progress also showed up.
This was a 1% gathering – a planning operation for the other 99%. And we will see its impact in the months to come.