Acting ICE Director Thomas Homan said he was “sickened” by the verdict in the Kate Steinle murder case, in which a five-time deported and seven-time felon was acquitted in the murder of the 32-year-old California woman.
Following the not guilty verdict of criminal illegal alien Juan Francisco Lopez-Sanchez, also known as Jose Ines Garcia Zarate—who previously admitted to shooting and killing 32-year-old Kate Steinle while she was walking on a pier with her father in sanctuary city San Francisco, California—Homan said he was “stunned” by the decision.
“This isn’t the America I grew up in,” Homan told “Fox & Friends” on Monday. “For a city to knowingly release a public safety threat back into the public is just ridiculous.”
“They want to fund sanctuary cities to keep illegal aliens in, but they don’t want to fund the border wall to keep them out. To me, that’s backwards,” Homan continued.
Follow John Binder on Twitter at @JxhnBinder