TikTok and Meta to Increase Censorship of Supposed Disinfo over Ceuta Migrant Invasion
Brussels has claimed that Meta and TikTok have voluntarily agreed to ramp up censorship efforts in the wake of the Ceuta migrant invasion last month.

Brussels has claimed that Meta and TikTok have voluntarily agreed to ramp up censorship efforts in the wake of the Ceuta migrant invasion last month.

A federal appeals court ruled Monday that more than 3,000 lawsuits accusing Meta, TikTok, Google, Snap and other tech companies of deliberately designing addictive platforms for young users can proceed.

Taylor Swift’s song “August” disappeared from a Team Trump TikTok video on Friday, days after the account used the track in a clip celebrating President Donald Trump and taunted the pop star in its caption.

The Disney Grooming Syndicate cut a deal with TikTok that allows content creators to use Disney characters in short videos.

Celebrity gossip blogger Perez Hilton was admitted to a hospital in Miami, Florida, Tuesday night after reports he livestreamed himself self-harming via a TikTok video, police have said.

Armed narco-terrorist groups in Colombia are utilizing TikTok and other social media platforms to push recruitment videos targeting young children and teenagers, the Colombian newspaper El Colombiano reported on Monday.

The White House unapologetically used anti-ICE Puerto Rican rapper Bad Bunny’s tune in a new video celebrating Trump’s deportation successes

The illegal migrant wave now storming into the enclave of Ceuta is largely driven by illicit content shared on social media and messaging platforms, Spanish outlets detailed Friday.

Pop star Katy Perry erupted on the Trump White House Saturday over a TikTok video of Iran military strikes that the administration paired with her hit 2010 song “Firework.”

The majority of President Trump’s Cabinet is set to establish TikTok accounts on Tuesday, following a Justice Department announcement that federal employees can safely use the platform after its sale to a U.S.-approved ownership group.

A federal appeals court has ruled that Ohio can enforce legislation requiring children under 16 to obtain parental consent before using social media platforms, marking a significant development in state-level efforts to regulate minors’ online activity.

Florida Attorney General James Uthmeier (R) has launched legal action against TikTok to enforce the state’s 2024 legislation that restricts social media access for minors. According to Uthmeier, “Time is up for TikTok.”

A study found that Reform UK boss Nigel Farage is the most popular British politician on TikTok, as younger users appear to be shifting away from establishment politicians.

Malaysia began enforcing its social media ban for children on Monday, requiring all social media platforms with 8 million or more users to implement age-verification systems that will prevent people under 16 from creating accounts.

On Wednesday’s broadcast of CNBC’s “Squawk Box,” House Select Committee on the Chinese Communist Party Chair John Moolenaar (R-MI) stated that, with TikTok, there has been an improvement, but there are still “unanswered questions in terms of the content algorithm,

Nigel Farage’s Reform UK party has accused the left-wing Labour Party government of using the Online Safety Act to censor its political opposition after TikTok removed a video criticising mass migration by Shadow Home Secretary Zia Yusuf.

On Friday’s broadcast of C-SPAN’s “Ceasefire,” Rep. Dan Crenshaw (R-TX) said that the TikTok deal gives the Chinese Communist Party control over the app, Congress has to do oversight on the TikTok deal, “and push to what the legal objective”

Indonesian Communications and Digital Minister Meutya Hafid said Thursday that Google’s YouTube platform has not complied with Jakarta’s ban on social media accounts for children under 16 and could face “sanctions” if it does not begin meeting its obligations under the law.

Australia’s online safety regulator has launched formal investigations into Mark Zuckerberg’s Meta, Snap, TikTok and Google’s YouTube amid concerns the tech giants may be failing to comply with the country’s landmark social media ban for children under 16 years old.

China wants to take over America without “firing a single bullet,” Raul Lopez, founding member and board vice president of RX Border Defense, explained.

Two significant jury verdicts against major social media companies have opened the floodgates for thousands of pending lawsuits alleging that popular platforms endanger the mental health of children.

The Chinese Communist Party published a national AI gameplan that specifies blurring the lines between the civil and military to achieve Beijing’s global technological supremacy, author Wynton Hall details in his upcoming book, Code Red: The Left, the Right, China, and the Race to Control AI (HarperCollins).

The World Happiness Report published its annual study of “global wellbeing” on Thursday, and found one of the greatest threats to that sense of health, happiness, and contentment is heavy social media usage. This was especially true among young people, particularly young girls.

ByteDance, the parent company of TikTok, is building significant computing infrastructure using top-tier Nvidia processors in Southeast Asia as part of its strategy to compete globally in AI development. This is one technique China is using to get around U.S. AI export controls.

CODE RED author Wynton Hall tells the Daily Mail in an interview published Sunday that China has disguised its “data vacuum” AI espionage tools as popular apps like TikTok and DeepSeek. According to Hall, users of these “Trojan Horse” apps are “effectively surrendering their privacy and security to the Chinese regime.”

A viral TikTok trend features self-proclaimed “young hoes” sharing videos of themselves showing off the shortcuts they take when engaging in everyday tasks — suggesting that members of Generation Z don’t have time for anything. As one conservative commentator pointed out, “To use that word — it’s like, ‘I’m dumb, I’m young, I don’t know how to get through life.'”

As missile exchanges intensified across the Middle East and commercial flights were halted amid Operation Epic Fury, Trump adviser Alex Bruesewitz found himself stranded in the Gulf region, where he coordinated with U.S. and regional officials to evacuate a group of Americans to safety.

A TikTok stunt that caused as 16-year-old boy to fall 50 feet and become trapped inside a shaft on the Queensboro Bridge has resulted in the arrest of two of his companions, who allegedly left him there to die.

The Central African nation of Gabon on Wednesday announced it was suspending some social media platforms for spreading “inappropriate, defamatory, hateful, and abusive” content that was allegedly threatening “social cohesion, the stability of the republic’s institutions, and national security.”

Instagram head Adam Mosseri testified in a Los Angeles courtroom Wednesday that while “problematic” social media usage exists, he does not believe it constitutes clinical addiction.

The European Commission filed formal charges against TikTok on Friday, accusing the social media platform of breaching EU online content regulations through addictive design features and demanding changes to its app or facing potential fines up to six percent of parent company ByteDance’s global revenue.

A Florida nurse who was fired from Baptist Health Boca Raton Regional Hospital after wishing long-term birth complications on White House press secretary Karoline Leavitt is no longer allowed to practice nursing in the state.

“Hacks” cast member Megan Stalter has announced that she has quit TikTok, saying she feels the platform has heavily censored posts about Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) topics.

Mark Zuckerberg’s Meta, China’s TikTok, and Google’s YouTube are set to face their first courtroom trial this week over allegations that their platforms have contributed to a youth mental health crisis through addictive design features.

China’s TikTok announced Thursday that it has finalized an agreement to spin off its American operations into a new joint venture, ending years of uncertainty over the platform’s future in the United States.

Snap, the parent company of social media platform Snapchat has reached a settlement agreement in a major social media addiction lawsuit, avoiding what would have been the first trial testing claims that tech platforms deliberately designed products to addict young users.

Australian Communications Minister Anika Wells said on Friday that some 4.7 million social media accounts have been shut down since her country’s ban on social media for children under 16 went into effect in December.

Five families from the UK are pursuing legal action against TikTok in a Delaware court, marking the first time British families have sued the social media company in American courts over the deaths of their children.

Team Trump social media accounts dominated the internet in 2025 with a total of 5.3 billion views across platforms and 13 million new followers.

The Chinese-owned TikTok has signed a deal to sell its U.S. business to three American investors so it can operate in the country free of Chinese influence.
