CBS News President Brother of Obama National Security Official; Will He Oust Benghazi Reporter Sharyl Attkisson?
Saturday morning Patrick Howley of The Daily Caller dropped another nuke on the fire that is Benghazi-Gate. Howley connects the dots surrounding a number of recent leaks coming of out CBS News about the fate of its award-winning investigative reporter, Sharyl Attkisson.
From the beginning, Attkisson has been one of the few mainstream journalists willing to dig into the September 11 terror attack in Libya, and the Administration's response to it. Fearing the story might lead exactly where it did yesterday with Jonathan Karl's bombshell report, the mainstream media has poured most if its energy into wishing the story away or playing Palace Guard for the White House.
Attkisson's dogged pursuit of the truth has not only pitted her against a media desperate to protect Obama, but also, apparently, against her bosses at CBS News, one of whom is the brother of a top Obama official.
Moreover, CBS News president David Rhoades is not only the brother of President Obama's national security advisor, Ben Rhodes, but ABC News reports that Ben Rhodes was very much involved in the editing of the now-infamous CIA talking points.
1. According to ABC News, Obama's national security advisor Ben Rhodes was deeply involved in the editing of the CIA talking points.
2. These same CIA talking points are central to what many believe is a White House coverup.
3. Ben Rhodes is the brother of CBS News president David Rhodes.
4. At CBS News, Sharyl Attkisson is one of the only mainstream media journalists with the dogged determination and moral courage to demand the truth about the White House's involvement in the CIA talking points.
5. For months now reports have surfaced that Attkisson's bosses are unhappy with her, that she has trouble getting her Libya stories on the air, and that she's being accused of engaging in "advocacy."
Read the full Daily Caller piece here.
Follow John Nolte on Twitter @NolteNC