An affidavit shows suspected Tampa serial killer Howell “Trai” Donaldson confessed to buying his gun at a store, which means he passed a background check to acquire it.
Donaldson allegedly killed four people in Tampa’s Seminole Heights neighborhood between October 9 and November 14.
WFLA’s Meredyth Censullo tweeted:
Per affidavit, Howell "Trai" Donaldson admitted to purchasing Glock and ammo from Shooters World in Tampa last month. #SeminoleHeights
— Meredyth Censullo (@WFLAmeredyth) November 29, 2017
ABC News reports that Donaldson admitted to picking up the gun two days before his alleged killing spree began.
The report that Donaldson confessed to buying his gun legally means his name will be added to an already long list of names of firearm-based attackers who purchased their weapons via full compliance with the left’s go-to gun control – background checks. That list of gun control compliant killers includes:
- the Las Vegas attacker (October 1, 2017)
- the Congressional baseball practice attacker (June 14, 2017)
- the Orlando attacker (June 12, 2016)
- the UCLA attacker (June 1, 2016)
- the San Bernardino attackers (December 2, 2015)
- the Colorado Springs attacker (October 31, 2015)
- the Umpqua Community College attacker (October 1, 2015)
- Alison Parker’s attacker (August 26, 2015)
- the Lafayette movie theater attacker (July 23, 2015)
- the Chattanooga attacker (July 16, 2015)
- the alleged Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal attacker (Jun 17, 2015)
- the Muhammad Cartoon Contest attackers (May 3, 2014)
- the Las Vegas cop killers (June 9, 2015)
- the Santa Barbara attacker (May 23, 2014)
- the Fort Hood attacker (April 2, 2014)
- the Arapahoe High School attacker (December 13, 2013)
- the D.C. Navy Yard attacker (September 16, 2013)
- the Aurora movie theater attacker (July 20, 2012)
- Gabby Giffords’ attacker (January 8, 2011)
- the Fort Hood attacker (November 5, 2009)
- the Virginia Tech attacker (April 16, 2007), and many others.
Democrats are unfazed by the fact that background checks pose no hindrance to determined attackers. In fact, Sen. Chris Murphy (D-CT) is pushing to expand background checks to even more points of sale at this time.
AWR Hawkins is the Second Amendment columnist for Breitbart News and host of “Bullets with AWR Hawkins,” a Breitbart News podcast. He is also the political analyst for Armed American Radio. Follow him on Twitter: @AWRHawkins. Reach him directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.