Israeli Child Critically Injured In Firebomb Attack as Palestinian Aggression Continues

Judea and Samaria Fire Department
Judea and Samaria Fire Department

An 11-year-old Israeli girl was severely injured when a Palestinian Muslim threw an unprovoked Molotov cocktail firebomb at a vehicle in which she was a passenger.

Ayala Shapira remained hospitalized overnight Thursday, where she was described by doctors at Sheba Medical Center at Tel Hashomer to be in serious condition. The girl suffered third-degree burns on between 30-40 percent of her body, according to the Jerusalem Post. Her father, Avner Shapiro, was also lightly injured in the terror attack.

Following the attack, the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) arrested 12 Palestinians they believed were connected to the attack.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu hoped the best for the family members’ recovery. “We stand by their side and wish them a fast recovery,” said the Prime Minister.

Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon warned that the State of Israel would not tolerate the acts of terror. “We will lay our hands on the perpetrators of [t]his terror attack… and we will reach their dispatchers,” he said, after personally visiting the family at the hospital.

Another unprovoked Palestinian terror attack occurred Friday, when, after Muslim prayers at the Al Aqsa mosque, two Israeli police officers suffered stabbed wounds in the neck and the hands. “This is a serious incident in which police officers were targeted,” said Jerusalem Police Chief Moshe Edri, who said officers would “work to capture the terrorist.”

On Friday, the IDF deployed some of its Iron Dome missile defense batteries into the country’s South, hoping to deter against continuing Palestinian aggression from the Gaza Strip. The move comes in the wake of an event in which  Gaza sniper fire critically injured a Bedouin IDF soldier on Wednesday. The IDF responded by neutralizing Hamas’s head of surveillance in their Al Qassam Brigades.

Last Friday, Gaza terrorists fired a rocket into Israel. The event marks the third such time a rocket has been fired into Israel from Gaza since the end of the country’s 50-day war with Hamas, which took place over the summer in July and August.