- Fact-Check: Yes, Under Obamacare ‘Health Insurance Is Going Up’
- Fact-Check: Yes, the United States Has ‘Just About the Highest’ Corporate Taxes in the World
- Fact-Check: Yes, Trump Did Tell His Followers to ‘Check Out’ a ‘Sex Tape’
- Fact-Check: Yes, Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama Have Refused to Say ‘Radical Islamic Terrorism’
- Fact-Check: Yes, Hillary Clinton Said She Wants to Put ‘Coal Miners Out of Business’
During the second presidential debate, moderator Anderson Cooper asked Republican nominee Donald Trump: “In the days after the first debate, you sent out a series of tweets from 3 AM to 5 AM including one that told people to check out a sex tape. Is that the discipline of a good leader?”
“‘No, there wasn’t ‘check out a sex tape,’ It was just, take a look at the person she built up to be this wonderful Girl Scout who was no Girl Scout,” Trump replied.
Fact-Check: MOSTLY TRUE
Trump tweeted after the first presidential debate that voters should look into former Miss Universe Alicia Machado’s background and see she was not the angel the Clinton campaign painted her as:
Did Crooked Hillary help disgusting (check out sex tape and past) Alicia M become a U.S. citizen so she could use her in the debate?
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 30, 2016
Trump tweeted, “Check out sex tape and past,” encouraging voters to look into Machado’s background, not watch her have sex on tape as she did on a reality show (which the media claimed wasn’t a “sex tape”), as she cheated on her then-fiancee for the camera.
Machado later had a child out of wedlock with one of Mexico’s most dangerous drug lords.