- Fact-Check: Yes, Under Obamacare ‘Health Insurance Is Going Up’
- Fact-Check: Yes, the United States Has ‘Just About the Highest’ Corporate Taxes in the World
- Fact-Check: Yes, Trump Did Tell His Followers to ‘Check Out’ a ‘Sex Tape’
- Fact-Check: Yes, Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama Have Refused to Say ‘Radical Islamic Terrorism’
- Fact-Check: Yes, Hillary Clinton Said She Wants to Put ‘Coal Miners Out of Business’
During the second presidential debate, Donald Trump said because of Obamacare, “health insurance and health care is going up.”
According to the the Urban Institute, which examined the average Obamacare premium increases from 2015 to 2016, American consumers can expect to see major spikes in their healthcare costs.
Those people in Oklahoma, who bought their own low-cost exchange insurance plan, have seen their premiums rise 41.8 percent from 2015 to 2016. The increase was 38.6 percent in Tennessee, 25.8 in Minnesota, and 24.8 percent in Colorado.
Californians purchasing an Obamacare health exchange plan are looking at an average rate hike of 13.2 percent.
USA Today, which has not been complementary to Trump, admits that “many of next year’s premium rate increases on the Affordable Care Act exchanges threaten to surpass the high and wildly fluctuating rates that characterized the individual insurance market before the health law took effect.”