A lawsuit initiated by the Republican-controlled Arizona legislature, which is on its way to the United States Supreme Court, could have major implications for Congressional Districts here in California.
On Tuesday night, on an overwhelming 6-1 vote, the city council of Huntington Beach, California--which is officially known as "Surf City, USA"--directed the city staff to begin the process of repealing a policy that bans the use of plastic grocery bags, and requires grocery stores to charge a ten-cent fee on paper bags.
It’s hard to imagine someone worse for California than Barbara Boxer, but Steyer does a good job fitting the bill. Does this sound like the profile of someone that would appeal to liberal voters?
When we start to see Republicans putting their hands up to run who we think couldn't win if the state were competitive, you needed a reminder: the bar is a lot lower. Perhaps we are looking for someone who will stand tall for GOP principles? Someone that can make the runoff so the California GOP doesn't suffer the humiliation of having no nominee at all? Or making sure that our nominee isn't some "Birther" type?
It has been said the wait for Boxer or her colleague, Senator Dianne Feinstein, to retire has been like driving around a full parking lot waiting for a spot to open up. Well, with the news that one of those spots (at least) is going to be open, a lot of aspiring United States Senators will be jockeying to get into the position. Boxer’s early announcement means there will be plenty of time for anyone thinking about running to assess his or her chances and jump into the fray.
Last September, we reported that the American Progressive Bag Alliance, which represents the plastic bag manufacturing industry, was launching a signature-gathering effort to attempt to stop the implementation of SB 270, legislation signed by Governor Brown, that would ban single-use plastic bags at grocery stores, and also require grocers to charge a ten-cent fee on every paper bag used, with proceeds going to the grocers.
While California has become a bastion of liberalism, the Golden State is not without conservative voices. It was actually a project to narrow this list to 25 people – my apologies to many who would have made the top 50.
The General Election ballot in 2016 is likely to have more statewide ballot measures on it than California voters have seen in a long time. The main reason for this is that the number of signatures needed in order to
Back in early, November Breitbart News featured a story about the speculation that California’s junior United States Senator, Barbara Boxer, might retire. The piece opened: In 2016, U.S. Senator Barbara Boxer (D-CA) will be up for re-election for the fifth time. California’s
With the dust from the November election now settling, Republicans managed to pick up a handful of legislative seats, but head into the coming session almost hopelessly outnumbered by their Democrat colleagues. This year finds a large number of newly
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- Scott Walker surging in new Iowa poll1 Feb 2015, 9:26 AM PDT
- More states look to expand Medicaid1 Feb 2015, 9:19 AM PDT
- Ayotte presses Obama administration to 'define your enemy,’ declare war with Islamic extremism1 Feb 2015, 8:53 AM PDT
- Christie aims to build foreign policy resume with trip to Britain1 Feb 2015, 1:39 AM PDT
- Confirmation hearings set to begin for Carter as next defense secretary amid daunting global challenges31 Jan 2015, 10:00 PM PDT
Fox News National
- New Mexico toddler shoots father, pregnant mother, police say1 Feb 2015, 10:13 AM PDT
- Police: Woman arrested after she dials wrong number, offers Albuquerque detective drugs1 Feb 2015, 9:00 AM PDT
- 1 year after spill, officials say Dan River is recovering as fines against Duke are considered1 Feb 2015, 8:30 AM PDT
- Police seek clues in disappearance of Arkansas nursing student1 Feb 2015, 8:29 AM PDT
- 'Psychic' faces trial in murder he predicted of young mother1 Feb 2015, 8:00 AM PDT