While Republicans performed well in the 2014 elections, bolstering their numbers in the House of Representatives to a modern-era high of 247 seats, they had a dismal performance in California. The National Republican Congressional Committee (NRCC) came up short in the few California seats where it committed significant resources, while in a host of other seats where it didn’t spend a dime, the GOP candidate narrowly lost.
As Breitbart California reported this morning, a new survey of 600 likely California 2016 Republican primary voters shows that when presented with a lengthy list of potential GOP presidential contenders, Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker comes out on top with a healthy
A lawsuit initiated by the Republican-controlled Arizona legislature, which is on its way to the United States Supreme Court, could have major implications for Congressional Districts here in California.
On Tuesday night, on an overwhelming 6-1 vote, the city council of Huntington Beach, California--which is officially known as "Surf City, USA"--directed the city staff to begin the process of repealing a policy that bans the use of plastic grocery bags, and requires grocery stores to charge a ten-cent fee on paper bags.
It’s hard to imagine someone worse for California than Barbara Boxer, but Steyer does a good job fitting the bill. Does this sound like the profile of someone that would appeal to liberal voters?
When we start to see Republicans putting their hands up to run who we think couldn't win if the state were competitive, you needed a reminder: the bar is a lot lower. Perhaps we are looking for someone who will stand tall for GOP principles? Someone that can make the runoff so the California GOP doesn't suffer the humiliation of having no nominee at all? Or making sure that our nominee isn't some "Birther" type?
It has been said the wait for Boxer or her colleague, Senator Dianne Feinstein, to retire has been like driving around a full parking lot waiting for a spot to open up. Well, with the news that one of those spots (at least) is going to be open, a lot of aspiring United States Senators will be jockeying to get into the position. Boxer’s early announcement means there will be plenty of time for anyone thinking about running to assess his or her chances and jump into the fray.
Last September, we reported that the American Progressive Bag Alliance, which represents the plastic bag manufacturing industry, was launching a signature-gathering effort to attempt to stop the implementation of SB 270, legislation signed by Governor Brown, that would ban single-use plastic bags at grocery stores, and also require grocers to charge a ten-cent fee on every paper bag used, with proceeds going to the grocers.
While California has become a bastion of liberalism, the Golden State is not without conservative voices. It was actually a project to narrow this list to 25 people – my apologies to many who would have made the top 50.
The General Election ballot in 2016 is likely to have more statewide ballot measures on it than California voters have seen in a long time. The main reason for this is that the number of signatures needed in order to
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- 32,000 emails recovered in IRS targeting probe amid allegations agency chief may have lied26 Feb 2015, 10:00 PM PDT
- Walker delivers the goods to adoring CPAC crowd26 Feb 2015, 10:00 PM PDT
- Fournier: Foreign donation to the Clinton Foundation was 'stupid and sleazy'26 Feb 2015, 8:10 PM PDT
- TSA: incendiary device a 'catastrophic' threat to passenger planes26 Feb 2015, 5:58 PM PDT
- Senator throws snowball on chamber floor to protest climate change theory26 Feb 2015, 5:39 PM PDT
Fox News National
- Virginia to compensate victims of forced sterilizations27 Feb 2015, 1:00 AM PDT
- Los Angeles police identify suspect in deadly street race hit-and-run26 Feb 2015, 11:05 PM PDT
- Los Angeles teachers, union leaders take to streets amid stalled talks 26 Feb 2015, 10:00 PM PDT
- 2 vandalism suspects rescued after being stranded on Northern California national park cliff26 Feb 2015, 9:46 PM PDT
- Parents of slain journalist James Foley say government, press need to do more to help26 Feb 2015, 8:40 PM PDT
Fox News Sports
- Ottawa goalie Andrew Hammond gets 2nd straight shutout, ends LA Kings' 8-game win streak, 1-026 Feb 2015, 10:20 PM PDT
- Crawford, Blackhawks shut out Panthers26 Feb 2015, 10:12 PM PDT
- Lloyd, NBA's first black player, passes away at 8626 Feb 2015, 10:04 PM PDT
- Steen lifts Blues over Jets in SO26 Feb 2015, 9:54 PM PDT
- Moore leads No. 21 SMU over Memphis26 Feb 2015, 9:44 PM PDT