By electing Syriza leader Alexis Tsipras to be premier, Greeks voted to end the draconian economic measures imposed by Germany and other international lenders.
The European Central Bank has announced a €60 billion ($69 billion) monthly government bond buying program—Quantitative Easing—but that won’t do much for the moribund continental economy.
In his State of the Union address, President Obama will propose much he knows the Republican-controlled Congress will not enact, but his real agenda is to set the table for Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign.
Prime Minister Manuel Valls has declared France is at war with radical Islam, but his government may have to take on Islam altogether. Certainly, it must abandon its pell-mell accommodation of immigrant cultures that threaten French civilization.
The economy added 252,000 jobs in December—down from 353,000 in November. With GDP growth slowing, prospects for jobless Americans are worsening.
It was one thing to get elected but it will be another for the Republican Congress to work with a president best known for his imperious style and a hard left agenda.
The American people now have a censor–North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un–and they can thank President Obama’s failure to defend their rights to free speech and privacy. After hacking Sony’s computer network and subjecting its employees to identity theft and
The U.S. economy can handle higher interest rates, and the Federal Reserve’s policymaking committee has signaled such a move is likely by summer. The Fed has kept short term borrowing rates near zero since December 2008 to support recovery from
Federal Reserve policymakers meet Tuesday and Wednesday to discuss when to raise interest rates and how they will communicate those intentions without upsetting financial markets or the economic recovery. Unfortunately, the Fed is constrained by its own past missteps, and
Falling gas prices add to holiday cheer, but those are not an unvarnished good for the U.S. economy–thanks to bad economic policy. Oil selling at about $65 a barrel gives consumers and many businesses a lot of additional buying power,
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- House passes bill aimed at expediting natural gas exports28 Jan 2015, 10:28 AM PDT
- DEA chief: US abandoned plan to track cars near gun shows28 Jan 2015, 9:40 AM PDT
- Rule of law questions loom for Holder replacement28 Jan 2015, 8:14 AM PDT
- AG nominee backs Obama on immigration actions, cites 'right' to work for all residents28 Jan 2015, 8:04 AM PDT
- Pentagon insists no decision reached on Bergdahl case, despite desertion charge claim28 Jan 2015, 7:36 AM PDT
Fox News National
- Video captures homeowner freeing panicked deer trapped in fence28 Jan 2015, 11:16 AM PDT
- Famed SC civil rights protesters have convictions erased28 Jan 2015, 10:15 AM PDT
- As pet reptile grows, Lithuanian student realizes it's probably not a lizard28 Jan 2015, 9:32 AM PDT
- Stock market rises at midday after strong earnings from Apple; investors await Fed statement28 Jan 2015, 9:15 AM PDT
- Abandoned puppy shoots to 'Bowl' fame28 Jan 2015, 9:05 AM PDT
Fox News Sports
- Blue Jackets place F Morin on IR28 Jan 2015, 11:25 AM PDT
- McManaman completes West Brom move28 Jan 2015, 11:23 AM PDT
- Colgate, Furman football set four future meetings28 Jan 2015, 11:20 AM PDT
- Mainz adds forward Castillo28 Jan 2015, 11:08 AM PDT
- Djokovic to meet Wawrinka in Aussie semis28 Jan 2015, 11:00 AM PDT