Fire started by squirrel cooker

HOLLAND, Mich., Oct. 11 (UPI) —


Authorities in Michigan said an apartment complex fire was started by a resident who was attempting to use a propane torch to prepare a squirrel for eating.




Holland Township Fire Chief Jim Kohsel said a resident was on a third floor deck at Clearview apartments using a propane torch to remove the fur from a dead squirrel the resident intended to eat when the deck caught fire around 12:29 p.m. Wednesday, MLive.com reported Thursday.




Kohsel said the flames destroyed eight apartments and 32 were damaged to the point of being uninhabitable.




The chief said no residents were injured and a firefighter suffered a broken toe while battling the flames.




The American Red Cross is providing temporary shelter and clothing for the displaced residents.




Comment Count on this article reflects comments made on Breitbart.com and Facebook.

Breitbart Video Picks