Video Shows Phone Catch Fire While Charging on Bus


NANCHONG, China, Oct. 14 (UPI) — A Chinese bus’ security camera captured footage of a young woman’s cellphone spontaneously bursting into flames while she was charging the battery.

The video from an Oct. 4 bus ride in Nanchong shows the woman charging her phone when the device suddenly bursts into flames, apparently from a short circuit.

The driver quickly opened the vehicle’s door and the woman rushed the flaming phone out of the bus. No passengers were injured.

“When I heard the sound of the explosion, I hurried to open the doors,” the driver told Sichuan News. “She calmly held the phone and got off the bus. Then, she threw the phone at the ground and stepped on it to put out the flames.”

No passengers were injured, the bus company said. The company advised passengers not to try charging phones with cheaply-made batteries.

The type of phone used by the woman was not reported.


Please let us know if you're having issues with commenting.