This morning’s key headlines from GenerationalDynamics.com
- China bans Winnie The Pooh because Xi Jinping looks like him
- Indonesia defies China and renames part of the South China Sea
China bans Winnie The Pooh because Xi Jinping looks like him
June 2013 graphic comparing Winnie the Pooh and Tigger to Xi Jinping and Barack Obama (Reuters)
China has banned Winnie the Pooh from Chinese social media because he looks too much like China’s president Xi Jinping. On Weibo and WeChat and other Chinese social media sites, many bloggers posted comparisons between the two, and also referred to Winnie the Pooh’s self-description as the “bear of very little brain” in the comparisons to Xi Jinping.
After a 2013 California summit between Xi Jinping and Barack Obama, who was U.S. president at the time, Chinese bloggers noticed an uncanny resemblance between a White House photo of the two presidents to a cartoon of Winnie the Pooh and Tigger, and the two images side by side in the combined image shown above.
In 2014, Chinese bloggers took notice of an extremely uncomfortable handshake between Xi Jinping and Japan’s prime minister Shinzo Abe and compared it to a cartoon image of Winnie the Pooh gripping the hoof of his gloomy donkey friend Eeyore.
2014 graphic comparing Winnie the Pooh and Eeyore to Xi Jinping and Japan’s Shinzo Abe
It turns out that China and Xi Jinping are going through one humiliation after another these days, and the humiliations are particularly stinging because a big Chinese Communist Party (CCP) congress is coming up later this year. They include:
- The death of Nobel laureate Liu Xiaobo last week was a tremendous humiliation to Xi Jinping and China because the international community ridiculed China for having jailed him for years simply for advocating greater democracy in China. Liu’s name has been banned from social media. So has the phrase “RIP” or an image of a burning candle.
- And now the international community is demanding that his wife, Liu Xia, be freed from jail. She has been jailed since 2010 for the crime of being Liu Xiaobo’s wife.
- An exiled Chinese billionaire, Guo Wengui, living in New York, continues to publish evidence on Twitter and Youtube that Xi Jinping and other party officials are guilty of graft and corruption.
- The recent commemoration of the handover of Hong Kong to China exposed the fact that China had lied when it promised “One Country, Two Systems.”
- The Dalai Lama, vitriolically hated by the Chinese officials, celebrated his 82nd birthday on July 6.
- June 4 was the anniversary of the 1989 Tiananmen Square massacre, where Chinese soldiers massacred thousands of peaceful pro-democracy students. Anything related to the massacre is banned from the internet.
- July is the anniversary of the 1999 crackdown on the Falun Gong spiritual movement that grew out of the Tiananmen Square massacre. Older people would get together to meditate and do exercises. Beijing became alarmed and declared in 1999 that practicing the Falun Gong was illegal. Millions of Chinese have been jailed, tortured and killed simply for doing the equivalent of Richard Simmons exercises.
Xi Jinping and other CCP are international criminals for invading and annexing regions in the South China Sea belonging to other countries, in violation of international law, which is what Hitler did. China is building missile systems whose only purpose is to attack American cities, military bases, and aircraft carriers. China is preparing to launch on its neighbors, as well as on America, which it believes it will win. Instead, China will cause a catastrophe to itself and the rest of the world, and history will look back on China as a worse disaster to the world than the Nazis and the Imperial Japanese combined.
There have also been reports today that China is going to shut down all use of virtual private networks (VPNs) on the internet. VPNs were used by universities and businesses to bypass China’s censors and communicate with universities and businesses outside of China. Xi Jinping is turning China into an isolated police state and jail.
So Xi Jinping is a good Nazi, but he cannot stand the thought of anyone posting a picture of Winnie the Pooh on social media. That’s why Xi Jinping is such a pathetic loser. As Winnie the Pooh described himself, he’s a “bear of very little brain.” Shanghaiist and AFP and Reuters
- Paranoid China races to censor news of death of Nobel laureate Liu Xiaobo (15-Jul-2017)
- China repudiates its Hong Kong ‘One Country, Two Systems’ agreement with Britain (01-Jul-2017)
- ‘Tiananmen Mothers’ commemorate China’s Tiananmen Square massacre (04-Jun-2016)
Indonesia defies China and renames part of the South China Sea
Indonesia has announced that it is renaming the portion of the South China Sea belonging to Indonesia’s exclusive economic zone (EEZ) as the “North Natuna Sea.”
Indonesia says that every country has the right to name any area belonging to the country’s territory. Indonesia will register the name through the International Hydrographic Organization (IHO) and the United Nations.
The name change is symbolic, and will not make any difference to the Chinese, who will use their vast military power to try to kill anyone who tries to prevent them from annexing other country’s territory.
In March of last year, a large Chinese coast guard warship entered Indonesian waters and rammed an Indonesian patrol vessel that was towing a Chinese fishing boat that had been illegally fishing in Indonesian waters around the Natuna Islands.
The Natuna Islands have always been sovereign Indonesian territory. They are far away from China, but because of the rich fishing grounds, there’s little doubt that China will its military power to seize the islands from Indonesia. Antara News (Jakarta) and The Diplomat and Global Times (Beijing) and CNN
- China’s coast guard warship rams vessel in Indonesian waters (24-Mar-2016)
- Tensions grow with China over Indonesia’s Natuna Islands (21-Oct-2014)
- China builds illegal surface-to-air missile sites in South China Sea (03-Jul-2017)
- Philippines humiliates China in harsh Hague Tribunal ruling over South China Sea (13-Jul-2016)
- China’s ‘ironclad proof’ of South China Sea claims revealed as hoax (22-Jun-2016)
KEYS: Generational Dynamics, China, Xi Jinping, Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, Shinzo Abe, Liu Xiaobo, Liu Xia, Guo Wengui, Hong Kong, Dalai Lama, Tiananmen Square massacre, Falun Gong, South China Sea, Indonesia, Natuna Islands, North Natuna Sea, International Hydrographic Organization, IHO
Permanent web link to this article
Receive daily World View columns by e-mail