Here are a few things to know about the day’s nonvirus news from The Associated Press
Your daily look at nonvirus stories in the news:
1. – A jetliner carrying 98 people crashed in a crowded neighborhood near the airport in Karachi after an apparent engine failure.
2. – On a radio show, Joe Biden suggests that African Americans who back President Donald Trump “ain’t black.”
3. — The judge said that he will decide whether to accept their plea deals after considering a presentencing report.
4. The family of slain Washington Post columnist Jamal Khashoggi announces they have forgiven his Saudi killers, giving legal reprieve to the five government agents who’d been sentenced to death.
5. In the age of coronavirus, Florida officials and NASA are split on whether it’s a good idea for spectators to show up for next week’s space launch.