The reasons to “un”-elect President Barack Obama are myriad. His has a litany of failings that is massive and nearly all-encompassing. One of the most important reasons to dispatch this President is his governing via Executive Order and regulatory fiat – well outside the Constitutional process and proscribed bounds of his office.
People say that President Obama isn’t interested in the legislative process. If he ever was, he checked out after turning over the highly dubious and unpopular ObamaCare operation to then-Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid.
It’s not much fun to go to the People’s House when the People repeatedly express disdain for your worldview.
Built into ObamaCare is the Independent Payment Advisory Board (IPAB). Fifteen bureaucrats who can – in Congress-free, unilateral fashion – decide who does and does not receive medical care.
The IPAB approach is much more to President Obama’s liking. He has all along been – in Congress-free, unilateral fashion – imposing all sorts of new “laws,” “rules” and “regulations” via royal edict. And this has created tremendous uncertainty for – and done egregious damage to – the economy.
House Majority Leader Eric Cantor just released a detailed report entitled “The Imperial Presidency.” Here are – culled from just its “Creating Laws” subsection – some of Emperor Obama’s Greatest Hits:
- Network Neutrality: Like health care, the Tech sector is 1/6th of economy. Unlike ObamaCare, Net Neutrality never passed Congress – the President just imposed it, in December 2010. (Ditto the Administration’s power grab of wireless cellular phone networks, and a whole host of other unilateral Tech regulations.) The results?
- Energy Sector regulations: The Greatest Fraud on Earth is alleged “global warming.” Or “climate change.” Cap & Trade never passed Congress – so Obama’s Environmental Protection Agency and Departments of Energy and Interior are imposing it as if it did. The results?
January 19, 2009 av. gas price: $1.85 per gallon
October 22, 2012 av. gas price: $3.69 per gallon
Coal plants closed under Obama: 111 – more than 1/5 of the nation’s nearly 500.
Leases: Down 11%
Land in use: Down 19%
Drill permits approved: Down 36%
Which brought us those doubled-under-Obama gas prices.
But wait, there’s more. For instance, the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) has been a one-stop bureaucratic wrecking shop.
- Unilaterally making it much easier to form business-impeding, Democrat-supporting unions – and much harder to un-form them.
- Telling Businesses Where They Are Allowed to Locate
- Imposing Union “Propaganda” Mandates on Employers
Then there is the Obama Administration doubling car CAFE mileage requirements. The results?
New cars are expected to cost about $2000 more because of this mandate.
Oh – and how’s ObamaCare doing for us?
During Obama’s term, between 2009 to 2012, premiums have climbed $2,370 for the average family with an employer-provided plan – a rate faster than the during the previous four years under President George W. Bush….
During the 2008 campaign and health care reform debate in 2009, President Obama said repeatedly that his plan would bend the cost curve downward, ultimately saving the average family $2,500 per year.
The Barack Obama Presidency has been conducted almost entirely against the Constitution and the will of We the People. The results?
Next Tuesday, We the People get to Constitutionally express our will about that.
Please let us know if you're having issues with commenting.