Over at HuffPo, Russell Simmons
has let go of the wheel and bounced off a guard rail. His apocalyptic melodrama sounds like the typical Hollywood cliche of a Christian right-winger. But these lefties are all about projection, so that's to be expected.
A normal celebucrat post has a pull quote or two you can highlight and make sport of, but Simmons is all pull quote -- a bonanza of crazy -- so where to begin? Hey, I know, let's play a game. Here are ten quotes, nine are from Simmons, one is not. Can you pick out the lunacy that doesn't belong?
1. The president's honest attempt to promote world peace through the same methods taught by Jesus Christ are met with contempt by a country whose collective consciousness is extraordinarily fearful and at times, sacrilegious.
2. Remember, they killed Mahatma Gandhi. They killed John F. Kennedy. They killed Martin Luther King. They killed Malcolm X. They killed Robert F. Kennedy. They killed Yitzhak Rabin. They killed many of the great dreamers. With all of the fearful men running our media, we no longer have to kill the dreamer, it is possible just to kill the dream.
3. Sometimes I'm amazed that we are still breathing. With horrible abuses of animals, the planet and human kind, it's amazing that we are still here.
4. Our lack of compassion and love could actually consume us. However, we are still being given signs from the universe, glimpses of hope and opportunities to rise up and live up to our promise.
5. Hey, man, you don't talk to Colonel. You listen to him. The man's enlarged my mind. He's a poet-warrior in the classic sense. I mean sometimes he'll... uh... well, you'll say "hello" to him, right? And he'll just walk right by you. He won't even notice you. And suddenly he'll grab you, and he'll throw you in a corner, and he'll say, "do you know that 'if' is the middle word in life? If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you, if you can trust yourself when all men doubt you"... I mean I'm no, I can't... I'm a little man, I'm a little man, he's... he's a great man. I should have been a pair of ragged claws scuttling across floors of silent seas...
6. America, our country is under indictment. And we will be found guilty if we don't act. If we allow these nasty, malicious people, who harbor so much hate with views that separate us from the rest of world, to continue to tell us how to think, we will be found guilty of charge one.
7. If we allow leaders of a political party that only know one word, and that is "no," to work against the best interests of our country, we will not only be found guilty of charge four, we will be sentenced by God to self-destruction.
8. And we have allowed hurtful, spiteful and small-minded people like Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh to scare the love out of us.
9. In one of the most telling moments of the past nine months, the skepticism that the President was met with after his compassionate speech in Cairo was shocking. He conceded nothing in that speech but love. This is the route that is prescribed to us by all of the great prophets in the Bible, Qur'an and the Torah.
10. Before the president even had time to wish his dog a happy birthday and kiss his daughters on the cheek as they left for school, the vicious, hate-filled and at times, racist, attacks began.
If you're still having trouble choosing, read through them once more and take note of the only quote
that doesn't give you the heebie-jeebies.