Jon Voight Opposes Blacklisting Javier Bardem and Penelope Cruz

Speaking to The Hollywood Reporter, The Mighty Jon Voight said that Javier Bardem and Penelope Cruz, the married actors who signed a letter accusing Israel of genocide last week, should not suffer any kind of career blowback, "Don't try to create a blacklist, he said. "That doesn't help you."

Voight, an Oscar-winner, has already blasted fellow Oscar-winners Cruz and Bardem as "ignorant" in an open letter published in The Hollywood Reporter Saturday:

I am asking all my peers who signed that poison letter against Israel to examine their motives. Can you take back the fire of anti-Semitism that is raging all over the world now?

You have been able to become famous and have all your monetary gains because you are in a democratic country: America.  Do you think you would have been able to accomplish this in Iran, Syria, Lebanon, et cetera?  You had a great responsibility to use your celebrity for good.  Instead, you have defamed the only democratic country of goodwill in the Middle East: Israel.

You should hang your heads in shame.  You should all come forth with deep regrets for what you did, and ask forgiveness from the suffering people in Israel.

Just as shameful has been the deafening silence from Hollywood. Only a few have come out in vocal support for Israel while the Streisands, Spielbergs, and Katzenbergs have remained hidden behind a cowardly silence.


Follow  John Nolte on Twitter @NolteNC              


advertisement

Breitbart Video Picks

advertisement

advertisement

Fox News National

advertisement

advertisement

Send A Tip

From Our Partners