With the ink hardly dry on Federal District Judge Andrew Hanen’s order slamming the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) for trying to grant up to 11.7 million illegal aliens/undocumented workers “green cards,” President Obama just instructed Homeland Security to offer “green cards” to H1-B holder spouses and children under 21 years old.
The City of Stockton emerged from bankruptcy on Wednesday, February 25, after a 31-month ordeal. There were no winners in trying to restructure over $2 billion in debt and obligations. Nearly half of non-safety city employees were dumped, the survivors’ wages were cut by up to 23 percent, and retirees lost $500 million in lifetime medical benefits. Bondholders and creditors are receiving pennies on the dollar. Hopefully the sad lessons about what happened to Stockton might help other California cities to control spending.
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has voted to approve a wildly controversial Net Neutrality policy that will regulate and tax the Internet intensely, much like the old AT&T telephone monopoly. To help secure political support, Chairman Tom Wheeler made last-minute revisions at the request of Google, according to Politico's sources at the Commission.
The left-leaning ‘Electronic Frontier Foundation’ (EFF) came out with “guns-a-blazin'” Wednesday morning at the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in an open letter: “Dear FCC: Rethink The Vague "General Conduct" Rule.”
Farmland prices that had been enjoying a 28-year bull market finally turned down in 2014. Despite real estate, stocks, bonds and commodities crashes over the period, farmland had never had a down year since 1986. However, the Wall Street Journal has reported that farmland suffered a loss of 3 percent last year, “reflecting a cooling in the market driven by two years of bumper crops and sharply lower grain prices, according to Federal Reserve.”
Despite all the mainstream media naysayers “dissing” Apple, Inc. (NASDAQ: AAPL) for designing and building a car, I believe the economics are overwhelmingly favorable for Apple to extend its brand to vehicles.
Chairman of the House Oversight Committee Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) demanded yesterday that the Federal Communications Commission Chairman Tom Wheeler make public the details of the proposed net neutrality regulations that will regulate the Internet under the same rules as the old AT&T monopoly.
The California Energy Commission is honoring ex-Governor Schwarzenegger’s dream by spending another $20 million to build the supposedly non-polluting ‘hydrogen highway’ through most parts of the Golden State. A high school freshman math class could figure out that the reason
With tech workers still expected to log 70-hour work weeks, shuttle drivers for Facebook voted to become a union affiliate of the Teamsters. After getting a leg in the tech industry door, the Teamsters intend to unionize Silicon Valley and have already scheduled union elections for workers at Apple, Yahoo, eBay, and others.
With the West Coast ports labor dispute involving 13,600 unionized dockworkers inflicting pain on 318 million Americans by causing billions of dollars a day in losses to the U.S. economy settling yesterday, now 30,000 unionized refinery workers across America intend to play the same leverage game by cutting off two-thirds of all U.S. diesel and gasoline supplies.
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- Rubio calls Venezuela ban 'a badge of honor'28 Feb 2015, 8:02 PM PDT
- US rethinking plan to retake Mosul from ISIS28 Feb 2015, 6:07 PM PDT
- Rand Paul wins 2015 CPAC straw poll28 Feb 2015, 3:12 PM PDT
- Reports of possible deal on DHS funding reignites chatter about Boehner ouster28 Feb 2015, 2:51 PM PDT
- At CPAC, Jeb Bush does his best to reestablish conservative credentials28 Feb 2015, 1:51 PM PDT
Fox News National
- Suspect now faces charges for 2 killings, including homeless man in drainage culvert28 Feb 2015, 3:30 PM PDT
- Police: Man, 60 crushed to death by metal frame at while working at an Ohio machine shop28 Feb 2015, 2:15 PM PDT
- Excommunicated leader of Mormon women's group loses final appeal28 Feb 2015, 2:00 PM PDT
- Residents worry over border hours between southeast Alaska community, British Columbia town28 Feb 2015, 1:45 PM PDT
- Smaller crowds protest Wisconsin right-to-work plan than against 2011 anti-union measures28 Feb 2015, 1:45 PM PDT
Fox News Sports
- Duke stays hot by blasting Syracuse28 Feb 2015, 7:23 PM PDT
- Schneider and Devils shut out Jackets28 Feb 2015, 7:22 PM PDT
- McClement leads Hurricanes past Islanders28 Feb 2015, 7:19 PM PDT
- Ellis, Kansas hold off Texas28 Feb 2015, 7:19 PM PDT
- No. 1 Kentucky routs 18th-ranked Arkansas28 Feb 2015, 7:08 PM PDT