BOSTON—”You can’t be too stupid to play baseball,” according to Moneyball author Michael Lewis, “I was struck by how articulate (NFL and NBA) players were, compared to baseball.” Certainly the most controversial statement of the weekend of talking Value Add Basketball (see
For the third straight year Breitbart Sports releases the first basketball All-American team.
Breitbart Sports today lists the first All-Conference teams for all 32 conferences three weeks before Selection Sunday starts March Madness.
Here are the ten reasons Delon Wright and not Jahlil Okafor that should be Frank Kaminsky’s main competition for Player of the Year.
Seth Tuttle (Northern Iowa) and Fred VanVleet (Wichita State) of the Missouri Valley moved into the top 10 at www.valueaddbasketball.com, while D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera (Georgetown) moved within 0.01 of giving the tough Big East a top-10 player.
"I've always believed analytics was crap," Charles Barkley told a TNT audience Tuesday night.
The votes are in from Rob Dauster (NBC Sports), Ken Pomeroy, Eamonn Brennan (ESPN), CJ Moore (Bleacher Report), Daniel Dickey (The Sporting News), Tim Letcher (Rant Sports), the Wooden Selection Committee, the NBA Draft Projectors, and me (Value Add Basketball)—and here are the top 100 players in the country.
Louisville's Terry Rozier, Eastern Kentucky's Corey Walden, and three Kentucky Wildcats give the Commonwealth of Kentucky the majority of the top nine players in the country in the new ratings released by www.valueaddbasketball.com.
In the 1950s, Dean Smith, a math major and assistant coach to Frank McGuire at UNC, moved three decades ahead of his time when he wrote that “points per possession” played as the key stat—the entire basis for every basketball stats innovation from Dean Oliver's Basketball on Paper to www.kenpom.com to my own www.valueaddbasketball.com measurements of players.
D'Angelo Harrison, LaDontae Henton and D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera are having three of the greatest careers in the history of the Big East.
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- Hillary’s private email fiasco: Why she remains a huge media target4 Mar 2015, 3:14 PM PDT
- Rep. Van Hollen says he will run for Mikulski's Senate seat4 Mar 2015, 2:50 PM PDT
- Fox News Poll: Voters say more Obama vetoes would be bad for country4 Mar 2015, 2:20 PM PDT
- Fox News Poll: 65 percent say use force to stop Iran, 84 percent call possible deal 'bad idea'4 Mar 2015, 2:14 PM PDT
- Fox News Poll: Voters feel US is less safe, Islamic extremists making gains4 Mar 2015, 2:01 PM PDT
Fox News National
- Lawyer: Tsarnaev widow not ID'd as witness in Boston Marathon bombing trial4 Mar 2015, 3:15 PM PDT
- AP INTERVIEW: Senate Democratic leader says Congress should delay Iran bill, let talks proceed4 Mar 2015, 2:45 PM PDT
- Navy Plans to Expand, Speed-Up LCS Modifications4 Mar 2015, 1:50 PM PDT
- Mother of infant found dead in Northern California charged with involuntary manslaughter4 Mar 2015, 1:45 PM PDT
- Vietnamese man pleads not guilty in NY terror case4 Mar 2015, 1:34 PM PDT
Fox News Sports
- Big South Conference Tournament Recaps4 Mar 2015, 3:19 PM PDT
- '15 Season Preview: Curtin ready to lead Union to postseason4 Mar 2015, 3:15 PM PDT
- '15 Season Preview: NYCFC aims high in inaugural season4 Mar 2015, 3:11 PM PDT
- Liverpool rolls past Burnley4 Mar 2015, 3:07 PM PDT
- Jackets lose Clarkson to muscle tear4 Mar 2015, 3:04 PM PDT