To listen to President Obama, the U.S. economy is firing on all cylinders. Yet it is hardly creating jobs at a breakneck pace, and too many able-bodied men have grown lazy and show no interest in working.
The Supreme Court could improve American health care by striking down federal subsidies offered through HealthCare.com—the federal exchange that sells insurance in states without government-run marketplaces.
America and the entire West are at war with jihadist terrorism and radical Islamism—on the battle fields of the Middle East with ISIS and al Qaeda but more importantly in coffee houses, the basements of mosques, and on the internet for the hearts and minds of young people.
Since 2008, the Federal Reserve has been giving banks virtually free money by keeping their short term borrowing rates near zero.
Fighting racism, prejudice, and the violence those can beget is everyone’s job. Muslims would do well to respond to President Obama’s invitation to combat extremist ideas in their communities, but too often Washington’s broader policies toward minorities encourage just the opposite.
Free trade is undermining American prosperity, and Congress should deny President Obama authority to negotiate new deals in Asia and with the European Union.
Moderate Islam may be guilty of terrorism by its silent acquiescence, and that is the issue President Obama and other leaders in the West refuse to address.
Greece will soon default on its sovereign debt and mercifully loosen Germany’s grip on European economic policy.
The newly elected Greek government is quite correct to eschew austerity and seek reductions in what it owes northern European governments. The Euro is punishing the South, and solving Mediterranean states’ chronic financial problems would require moving some industry from the North to the South. More austerity would only bleed the patient further.
The economy added 257,000 jobs in January, down significantly from the 324,000 fourth quarter average monthly gain. Overall, the economy is creating jobs, but lower oil prices and a strong dollar are slowing the pace.
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- Clinton created multiple email addresses on private server, data show 5 Mar 2015, 6:40 PM PDT
- Krauthammer on Clinton email scandal: 'She's a Clinton. And what the Clintons do is, never clear the air'5 Mar 2015, 5:55 PM PDT
- Exclusive: Internal cable from Clinton State Department office barred use of personal email5 Mar 2015, 4:17 PM PDT
- Aide tied to past Clinton scandals surfaces in controversy over emails5 Mar 2015, 3:53 PM PDT
- Fox News Poll: Walker seen as strong leader among GOP, Clinton’s honesty ratings drop5 Mar 2015, 2:54 PM PDT
Fox News National
- Philadelphia police officer dies after being shot in head at video game store5 Mar 2015, 5:51 PM PDT
- Federal agency seeking bids to keep thousands of rounded-up wild horses on private pastures5 Mar 2015, 4:00 PM PDT
- Motorist killed, 43 students taken to hospital after Washington State school bus crash5 Mar 2015, 3:17 PM PDT
- Missouri woman admits role in 2001 arson fire that killed 15-year-old son5 Mar 2015, 3:00 PM PDT
- No murder charge for 15-year-old girl held in brother's slaying; she will get probation5 Mar 2015, 3:00 PM PDT
Fox News Sports
- Bolts strike early, often against Leafs5 Mar 2015, 8:24 PM PDT
- Flyers trip up Blues with 3rd-period burst5 Mar 2015, 8:17 PM PDT
- Pominville, Wild come alive in 3rd to edge Capitals5 Mar 2015, 8:14 PM PDT
- Flames edge Bruins in SO5 Mar 2015, 8:13 PM PDT
- Wisconsin wins Big Ten title by beating Minnesota5 Mar 2015, 8:09 PM PDT