In the weeks before the San Bernardino terror attack, $28,500 was deposited into the killers’ bank account, according to a report by Fox News’ Catherine Herridge and Pamela Browne.
“A $28,500 deposit was made to Syed Farook’s bank account from WebBank.com on or about Nov.18, some two weeks before he and his wife Tashfeen Malik carried out the San Bernardino massacre, a source close to the investigation told Fox News Monday,” Herridge and Brown reported in a Monday exclusive.
The $28,500 would match earlier estimates of the value of the weaponry that Farook and Malik had amassed at their home–including two handguns, two rifles, tactical gear, pipe bombs, and explosives. “Farook made around $50,000 a year, while Malik was unemployed,” Fox News insider had reported earlier.
Fox News had already reported Sunday that federal investigators suspected possible international funding and training for the terrorists–despite President Barack Obama’s claim in his address to the nation from the Oval Office on Sunday night that there was no evidence of a “conspiracy” to help them with their attacks.
On Monday, in an exclusive interview with Breitbart News’ Adelle Nazarian, David Bowdich, assistant director of the FBI’s Los Angeles office, said that the President had not been incorrect in his “no conspiracy” claim. “As far as I know, the president’s statement was accurate. But, again, he gave a statement on day four.” He cautioned that more information could soon emerge.