Following last Friday’s terrorist attacks in Paris, a pro-Israel awards gala set to honor actor Jon Voight in New York City this weekend is beefing up security.
According to the New York Daily News, the Zionist Organization of America received calls from concerned guests who were invited to attend Sunday’s Brandeis Awards dinner at the Grand Hyatt in Midtown.
A number of guests reportedly feared the event could become a target for terrorists.
Zionist Organization of America president Mort Klein told the Daily News the group had been in contact with law enforcement and would move forward with the event as planned.
“After internal discussions about whether or not to cancel the Brandeis Award dinner, we decided it was best to move forward as planned,” he said.
“This dinner is a time for friends and family to gather and celebrate another year of continued support for Israel,” he added. “We are confident that the dinner will go off without a hitch.”
Vought is reportedly being honored for his “work and unwavering support of Israel,” and will accept an award in front of around 1,000 guests.
Ron Dermer, the Israeli ambassador to the United States, and attorney Alan Dershowitz will also receive awards at the gala.
UPDATE: This article was updated to remove reference to plans to cancel the event. The Zionist Organization of America contacted Breitbart News to explain that this detail was incorrect in the Daily News article and that cancelling the event was never considered.