The 50th annual Country Music Awards kicked off Wednesday night with co-hosts and country music superstars Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood taking multiple shots at Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump.
Without further ado, here is a list of all the election-themed zingers from the hosts of country music’s biggest night of the year:
1. Paisley shouted “Wrong,” “Lies,” and referred to his co-host as “Crooked Carrie” while Underwood introduced to the audience the nominees for the Entertainer of the Year award.
2. Paisley creepily hovered behind Underwood on the stage, mimicking Trump’s purported stalking of Hillary Clinton on stage at the second presidential debate.
3. Paisley congratulated Underwood for her Entertainer of the Year award nomination, saying “I love all you guys, but hashtag #I’mWithCarrie.”
“But what I think doesn’t really matter, because this show is rigged — bigly!” Paisley said, referencing Trump’s assertion that the establishment media and Clinton are rigging the election and his constant use of the phrase “big league.”
“No, no it’s not Brad,” Underwood said, adding, “but the people need to know will you accept tonight’s results?”
“Yes, if I win,” Paisley responded, referring to comments Trump made after the third presidential debate last month.
4. Underwood informed Paisley that he can’t win Entertainer of the Year because he’s “not even nominated.”
“No,” Paisley said about accepting the award results. He then called Underwood “a nasty woman,” alluding to what Trump called Clinton during the third presidential debate.
5. Moments later, Underwood informed the crowd that they are all going home “with their very own basket of deplorables,” a reference to Clinton’s much-derided description of Trump supporters as “racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic” people during a closed-door fundraiser in New York City in September.
Before their politically-charged monologue, Paisley and Underwood sang a duet about the presidential election.
“The election is taking forever and ever” please just “make it end,” the pair sang.
Watch Paisley and Underwood’s political digs at Trump in the video below.