SIGN UP FOR THE BREITBART EMAIL NEWSLETTER

Rocker Vince Neil Under Fire For Accepting Trump Inauguration Gig (Update: ‘Uninvited’)

Update: After news broke of Neil’s performance at Trump’s inauguration, the rocker told TMZ he was “uninvited” and will no longer play.

Original story below:

Motley Crue frontman Vince Neil is catching flack on social media over news that he is set to perform at President-elect Donald Trump’s inauguration in January.

“The promoters asked if I was available, and I said yes,” the rocker told Billboard on Friday. “So we sent all of the band’s passports to the Secret Service so everybody can get in, and all of the crew people, not knowing who was winning. But we were already scheduled to play.”

Neil will reportedly play the inauguration in Washington, D.C. with members of his own band.

“I don’t know how long I have to play,” Neil added to Billboard. “I don’t know if the Republican Party says which [songs] to play and what not to do,” he says. “It’s a little ways out. I’ll have more information as time goes on.”

Within hours, Neil was being ripped online, and was even called a “murderer” by some social media users.

In a related twist, Neil is also slated to appear on the upcoming season of the reality TV show The New Celebrity Apprentice, with new host Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Trump left the NBC program last year to run for president.

 

Follow Jerome Hudson on Twitter: @JeromeEHudson

P.S. DO YOU WANT MORE ARTICLES
LIKE THIS ONE DELIVERED RIGHT TO YOUR INBOX?
SIGN UP FOR THE DAILY BREITBART NEWSLETTER.


Comment count on this article reflects comments made on Breitbart.com and Facebook. Visit Breitbart's Facebook Page.

SIGN UP FOR THE OFFICIAL
BREITBART EMAIL NEWSLETTER

GET TODAY'S TOP NEWS DELIVERED RIGHT TO YOUR INBOX

I don't want to get today's top news.

x