SANTA BARBARA, Calif., March 1 (UPI) —
The California news anchor who went missing earlier this week was suffering from a medical condition, her family said.
The Los Angeles Times said the family reported Paula Lopez, who anchors for KEYT-TV, Santa Barbara, missing Wednesday morning.
The sheriff’s office began a search, and Lopez, 48, returned home later that night, the Times reported.
Lopez’s family thanked the sheriff’s department for their help Thursday, and explained their concern.
"As a family, we were very alarmed because Paula was experiencing a medical condition that caused her to be unable to communicate with us. She is now receiving appropriate medical care and we hope and expect that her treatment will enable her to recover quickly," the family said in a statement.