The controversial border security legislation that was supposed to receive a House vote Wednesday has been pulled from the schedule. A House leadership aide blamed the weather. A decision on when the bill will receive a vote remains to be determined, the aide added.
The newly formed House Freedom Caucus will push back against soft Republican efforts to simply pass bills and instead will pursue a true conservative agenda, Rep. John Fleming (R-LA) tells Breitbart News. Fleming, one of the nine founding members of the House Freedom Caucus, argued that demonstrating what true conservatism looks like will serve to increase the ranks of conservatives in elected office.
A new caucus aimed at pushing “an agenda of limited, constitutional government" is up-and-running, launched by nine conservative members of the House of Representatives. “The House Freedom Caucus gives a voice to countless Americans who feel that Washington does not represent them,” the group’s mission statement reads.
Monday, Chicago residents will begin hearing a 60-second radio ad featuring Obama endorsing Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s reelection. In the radio ad Obama highlights his own Chicago background and Emanuel’s campaigns for jobs, longer school days, and a higher minimum wage in the city.
As House Republicans prepare to take a vote on what Homeland Security Committee Chairman Michael McCaul (R-TX) calls the “strongest border security bill” to ever appear before Congress, a union of Border Patrol agents argue it is not tough enough. The House is slated to vote on the “Secure our Borders First Act” this week and the effort’s leaders have billed it as part of a step-by-step approach to dealing with the nation’s immigration problems.
New York Mayor Bill de Blasio and Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti are leading an effort to oppose a lawsuit, filed by 25 states, that seeks to halt President Obama’s executive amnesty. De Blasio and Garcetti announced plans Friday to file an amicus brief that will support President Obama’s executive actions on immigration against the states’ lawsuit.
The Democratic National Convention will be held the week of July 25, 2016, DNC Chairwoman Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (R-FL) announced Friday. While the DNC has not settled on a host city yet, the committee is in final contract negotiations with Columbus, New York, and Philadelphia.
The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) released its year-end statistics for 2014 on Friday, saying the agency charged with protecting the nation’s airports experienced a “record breaking year.”
The president of the union representing 12,000 officers and employees of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is attacking House Republicans' upcoming border legislation for not dealing with immigration fraud. The leaders in the House effort, however, say the bill is part of a process.
House Republicans say they will continue to work on passing legislation to ban abortion after 20-weeks, after a bill aimed at doing so was scuttled at the eleventh hour when some members raised concerns about language within the initial text. “There is a word of honor that it will,” come up again, Rep. Trent Franks (R-AZ), one of the bill’s sponsors, told reporters Thursday.
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- End of extended unemployment benefits credited for job surge27 Jan 2015, 8:05 AM PDT
- Bergdahl to be charged with desertion, ex-military intel officer says27 Jan 2015, 6:19 AM PDT
- Panning Palin: Why conservative media are dismissing her 2016 prospects27 Jan 2015, 3:00 AM PDT
- Justice Department working on national car-tracking database27 Jan 2015, 1:00 AM PDT
- Deficit will take a dip before soaring to new heights27 Jan 2015, 1:00 AM PDT
Fox News National
- Small plane safely lands in Pacific, using massive parachute27 Jan 2015, 8:40 AM PDT
- Civil rights-era arrests to be vacated for 9 men who integrated South Carolina lunch counter27 Jan 2015, 8:15 AM PDT
- Unemployment rates drop in 42 US states as widespread hiring boosts job markets nationwide27 Jan 2015, 8:01 AM PDT
- Student arrested after classroom attack on NJ high school teacher caught on video27 Jan 2015, 7:46 AM PDT
- US new home sales surge 11.6 percent in December; gains bode well for 201527 Jan 2015, 7:16 AM PDT
Fox News Sports
- Furman to face rugged 2015 schedule27 Jan 2015, 9:28 AM PDT
- Oilers welcome struggling Wild27 Jan 2015, 9:04 AM PDT
- Ducks hope to keep rolling in Vancouver27 Jan 2015, 9:04 AM PDT
- Preds aim to get back on track vs. Avs27 Jan 2015, 9:03 AM PDT
- Surprising Flames begin homestand vs. lowly Sabres27 Jan 2015, 9:03 AM PDT