China Daily reported that tourism from China to Los Angeles has nearly quadrupled over the past four years. Visitors rose from 158,000 in 2009 to 570,000 in 2013. With over a million Chinese visiting California last year and a projected 2 million by 2020, retailers and restaurants are thrilled at the reported $6,000 spending-per-visit.
The hard-Left publication The Nation and their allies advocated for the FCC’s “Net Neutrality” passage to regulate and tax the Internet as “People Power". But in politics, it is always best to “follow the money.” For 2014, lobbying expenditures by computer/Internet companies hit $139.5 million. The Left likes to talk about "People Power", but Silicon Valley lobbying cash is "Corporate Power."
With the ink hardly dry on Federal District Judge Andrew Hanen’s order slamming the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) for trying to grant up to 11.7 million illegal aliens/undocumented workers “green cards,” President Obama just instructed Homeland Security to offer “green cards” to H1-B holder spouses and children under 21 years old.
The City of Stockton emerged from bankruptcy on Wednesday, February 25, after a 31-month ordeal. There were no winners in trying to restructure over $2 billion in debt and obligations. Nearly half of non-safety city employees were dumped, the survivors’ wages were cut by up to 23 percent, and retirees lost $500 million in lifetime medical benefits. Bondholders and creditors are receiving pennies on the dollar. Hopefully the sad lessons about what happened to Stockton might help other California cities to control spending.
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has voted to approve a wildly controversial Net Neutrality policy that will regulate and tax the Internet intensely, much like the old AT&T telephone monopoly. To help secure political support, Chairman Tom Wheeler made last-minute revisions at the request of Google, according to Politico's sources at the Commission.
The left-leaning ‘Electronic Frontier Foundation’ (EFF) came out with “guns-a-blazin'” Wednesday morning at the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in an open letter: “Dear FCC: Rethink The Vague "General Conduct" Rule.”
Farmland prices that had been enjoying a 28-year bull market finally turned down in 2014. Despite real estate, stocks, bonds and commodities crashes over the period, farmland had never had a down year since 1986. However, the Wall Street Journal has reported that farmland suffered a loss of 3 percent last year, “reflecting a cooling in the market driven by two years of bumper crops and sharply lower grain prices, according to Federal Reserve.”
Despite all the mainstream media naysayers “dissing” Apple, Inc. (NASDAQ: AAPL) for designing and building a car, I believe the economics are overwhelmingly favorable for Apple to extend its brand to vehicles.
Chairman of the House Oversight Committee Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) demanded yesterday that the Federal Communications Commission Chairman Tom Wheeler make public the details of the proposed net neutrality regulations that will regulate the Internet under the same rules as the old AT&T monopoly.
The California Energy Commission is honoring ex-Governor Schwarzenegger’s dream by spending another $20 million to build the supposedly non-polluting ‘hydrogen highway’ through most parts of the Golden State. A high school freshman math class could figure out that the reason
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- Congress no closer to funding Homeland Security Department as another shutdown deadline looms1 Mar 2015, 3:36 PM PDT
- Democrats, Republicans accuse each other of trying to spin Netanyahu visit to their political advantage1 Mar 2015, 2:05 PM PDT
- O'Malley points to financial regulation as a campaign issue1 Mar 2015, 12:13 PM PDT
- Christie to Calif. Republicans: No rush to pick 2016 nominee1 Mar 2015, 12:03 PM PDT
- Rubio, Jindal make their pitch for potential 2016 run at meeting held by influential Club for Growth1 Mar 2015, 11:37 AM PDT
Fox News National
- 3 children die from carbon monoxide leak in Ohio home1 Mar 2015, 3:14 PM PDT
- Suspect in fatal Los Angeles street race that left 2 spectators dead held on $2M bail1 Mar 2015, 2:30 PM PDT
- 3rd child dies after carbon monoxide leak discovered in Ohio home; 1 child still critical1 Mar 2015, 2:00 PM PDT
- Small pickup truck falls through ice on frozen New Jersey river; dead dog found inside1 Mar 2015, 1:45 PM PDT
- Homeless Marine gets last wish to be buried in dress blues 1 Mar 2015, 1:39 PM PDT
Fox News Sports
- No. 5 Wisconsin earns share of Big Ten title1 Mar 2015, 4:19 PM PDT
- No. 25 Providence tops Marquette1 Mar 2015, 3:49 PM PDT
- Top-25 College Basketball Game Capsules1 Mar 2015, 3:43 PM PDT
- Biding his time, Jimmie Johnson pulls away at the end to win another NASCAR race in Atlanta1 Mar 2015, 3:32 PM PDT
- PSG, Monaco battle to scoreless draw1 Mar 2015, 3:30 PM PDT