After Apple (AAPL) reported that it had sold $74.6 billion in products and earned a record corporate profit of $18.04 billion profit in a single quarter, Samsung Electronics admitted Thursday that much of Apple’s gain came at its expense. Korea’s former corporate juggernaut reported its lowest annual profit since 2011, with a 32% drop in quarterly profit, to $21.3 billion.
The ultimate professional insult to a CEO is to be fired and then watch your former company’s stock jump 3.5% on the announcement. That was the story for Don Thompson, who was dumped by McDonald's Corporation (MCD) late Wednesday.
Apple (AAPL: NASDAQ) may have printed the largest quarterly earnings in the history of capitalism, but the smartphone market is moving against the future of the Apple iPhone as Google's Android operating system software gains market domination.
California’s commercial and industrial energy costs are about 37% higher than the national average in the continental United States due to Governor Brown’s 33% sustainable energy mandate. And with rates 41% to 46% higher in San Diego County than the national average, local investment and job growth are being hammered.
In a desperate attempt at relevance, President Barack Obama thought he could pay for two promised years of free community college tuition by eliminating the tax exemption on middle-class 529 college-savings accounts. Although the Administration argued that the 529 accounts disproportionately benefit higher-income families, disenfranchising 11.6 million accounts was seen as just short of a declaration of war on “the family.” This afternoon Obama dumped his tax plan.
Marissa Mayer appears to be gaining traction in a turnaround of an Internet pioneer that most of Wall Street thought would be impossible.
According to California state officials, it is a disaster that vehicles are getting better mileage. Heaven forbid that as the most impoverished state, Californians would pay lower state gas taxes for politicians to spend. To protect the Legislature’s slurp at
In a report entitled "Immigrants Tend to Live in High Welfare Benefit States," published on Jan. 26, 2015, the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) determined that “the generous welfare benefits offered by some states have magnetic effects and alter the geographic sorting of immigrants in the United States"--attracting many to California.
On Sunday, the Center for Biological Diversity held a public forum at the San Jose City Hall to educate residents about what they believe are the dangers of so called oil-trains. According to the Center, tar sands oil and heavy crudes that will be brought in from Canada are most toxic, carbon intensive and dirtiest fuels on the planet.
Cabernet sauvignon grapes from California’s Napa Valley have been among the most prized on earth for fine wine, justifying the cost per bottle of $100 or more. But it seems that one of the area’s top master blenders for elite brands has been fooling
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- Federal judge expresses skepticism about constitutionality of no-fly list30 Jan 2015, 2:08 PM PDT
- Oregon governor deflects questions over fiancee's consulting payments30 Jan 2015, 1:47 PM PDT
- Republicans fume over ex-Gitmo inmate’s Taliban outreach, WH says no regrets30 Jan 2015, 12:11 PM PDT
- Dalai Lama, Obama reportedly to appear together in public for first time30 Jan 2015, 10:22 AM PDT
- David Duke considers run against Scalise30 Jan 2015, 10:10 AM PDT
Fox News National
- Hong Kong businessman charged with damaging Montana house after getting drunk at wedding30 Jan 2015, 2:00 PM PDT
- Chicago's retired Cardinal George says his doctors have run out of cancer treatment options30 Jan 2015, 2:00 PM PDT
- 3rd man charged in alleged conspiracy to overthrow Gambian government30 Jan 2015, 2:00 PM PDT
- 6 teens accused of girl's sex assault at Denver-area party; she, some suspects are classmates30 Jan 2015, 1:45 PM PDT
- F-35 Tested in Extreme Weather Conditions30 Jan 2015, 1:41 PM PDT
Fox News Sports
- Woods struggles badly at TPC Scottsdale30 Jan 2015, 2:21 PM PDT
- Golf Course Review - Poipu Bay Golf Course30 Jan 2015, 1:08 PM PDT
- Goodell: 'opportunity for us to get better'30 Jan 2015, 12:58 PM PDT
- Milan tries to snap skid against Parma30 Jan 2015, 11:59 AM PDT
- Knicks sign Amundson for rest of season30 Jan 2015, 11:54 AM PDT