Does this sound like hate speech? “I killed that bitch and you’re next. No one insults my honor as a Muslim and gets away with it.”
That was the chilling threat Ali Awad Mahmoud Irsan made to his daughter Nesreen after murdering her best friend, according to Assistant Harris County District attorney Tammy Thomas.
Nesreen’s friend Gelareh Bagherzadeh was found murdered on the night of January 16th, 2012, in an alley near the Galleria section of Houston.
Why was Gelareh killed?
According the Texas prosecutors, Gelareh – an outspoken Iranian-American critic of Iran and Islam, and a convert to Christianity – had urged her friend Nesreen to break free from father Ali’s domination and marry the man Nesreen had fallen in love with, a Christian named Coty Beavers.
Ali’s wife Schmo and his 21-year-old son Nasim have also been charged in the murder of Gelareh.
Need another example of hateful rhetoric?
Another daughter of Ali Irsan’s, Nadia, showed her devotion to Islam by appearing in a Houston courtroom wearing an orange jumpsuit and traditional Muslim headwear. Prosecutors say witnesses heard Nadia Irsan tell her sister’s Christian husband: “I can not wait until my dad puts a bullet between your eyes.”
On November 11, 2012 — ten months after Gelareh Bagherzadeh was gunned down — Coty Beavers was shot to death in his home.
Prosecutors say Nadia Irsan assisted her father by stalking Nesreen and Coty for months, even attaching a GPS tracker to Nesreen’s car.
The national media has been quiet about the multiple murder allegations against this Muslim family, in a week filled with accusations of “hate speech” aimed at Pamela Geller, after two Muslim terrorists tried to gun her down in Garland, Texas.
There are good reasons for the MSM to take notice of this remarkable case. As Harris Country D.A. Devon Anderson said in press confence announcing the indictments, “This is one of a kind. I’ve never seen anyting like this. With the family involvement, the lengths that were gone to to commit these murders, the premeditation, the effort… are unprecedented.“
Consider the slew of allegations against the Irsans, and you’ll see why this is a story the politically-correct “don’t offend the Muslims” mainstream media does not want to touch with a ten-foot pencil:
- Multiple homicides were allegedly committed by devout Muslim Ali Irsan with the assistance of his devout Muslim family, for reasons that the alleged killer connected directly to his own Islamic beliefs.
- The victims were unapologetically Christian, and their faith was a factor in their deaths.
- Victim Gelareh Bagherzadeh was an outspoken ex-Muslim woman who left Islam, in part, over its treatment of women. Instead of following the liberal / feminist media path of rejecting all religious faith as a “patriarchy built to oppress women,” she instead became a Christian.
- The Irsans are a family of immigrant Middle Eastern welfare cheats, who used their children and numerous false statements to steal taxpayer money on a massive scale for years. Ali Irsan has already pled guilty to these charges.
- Ali Irsan is alleged by his own daughter to have already gotten away with murder before in 1999, when he killed a 29-year-old man who had married his 18-year-old daughter a few weeks earlier. The death was ruled self-defense by local police, but the daughter would later describe it as murder.
- The Irsan family has attracted the support of radical leftist heroes, such New Black Panther Party leader Quannel X, who appears in this video defending the Irsans on the charges of fraud they would later plead guilty to.
As we’ve seen in stories from Occupy Wall Street to Ferguson, when the facts of a story don’t fit the preferred MSM narrative, the story is ignored. That’s where citizen journalists and New Media must step forward to fill the gap.
In the case of the Irsan saga, there are additional disturbing details that could make it more than a crime story… such as the makeshift gun range found on the Irsan’s property, where a number of other Muslim families would go to shoot AK-47s, according to witnesses; Ali Irsan’s Jordanian bank account; and the origin of the $250,000 in cash the Irsans banked in Texas, according to prosecutors.
Breitbart Texas will be bringing you much more on this story. Stay tuned…