Sensei extended the call streak last week. This weekend, Pixar takes on another formidable foe.
Sensei’s weekend predictions and revenue results go as follows:
1. “Monsters University” ($41 million) – I see a close match-up with White House Down. Normally White House Downwould win easily, but the film’s lack of star power concerns me.Because of this, I’m going with animation and family audiences toeventually pull away.
2. “White House Down” ($38 million) – Theframe is strong and this opening date is a perfect fit for this actionfilm. I see a better opening than the similar themed Olympus Has Fallen ($30 million), which opened earlier this year.
3. “World War Z” ($32 million) – Great opening last week. I see a strong second weekend ahead.
4. “The Heat” ($28 million) –Hasanyone seen any marketing for this? Film is under the radar, whichisn’t a bad thing, but looks to prevent it from achieving an Identity Thief or Bad Teacher-like opening. Going with mid-level results here.
5. “Man Of Steel” ($20 million) – Already over $400 million worldwide, the comic book icon is well on itsway to being one of the year’s biggest hits. Word of mouth alsocontinues to be amazingly strong.
That’s Sensei’s calls. Enjoy the weekend.