Let my rant begin.
1. Your sexy Halloween costume doesn’t offend me. Nor does the one you bought for your kid that looks like a cigarette. I’m not offended. I’m not outraged. And if you are, you might need therapy. Here’s an idea: if a costume makes you mad, don’t buy it. Don’t wear it. Don’t put it on your kid. But honestly, save the anger for ISIS.
2. Nurse Kaci Hickox sounds like an obnoxious, selfish, spoiled brat. Period, the end.
3. When the news first hit that doctors who had worked with Ebola patients in West Africa would be self-monitoring, I got tweets and emails insisting that doctors could be 100% trusted and would do the right thing by virtue of their experience and honor. I laughed. Out loud. Because that assumes that all doctors are honorable people. Many are wonderful, but anyone who has been in and out of doctors’ offices for any length of time knows that there are also plenty of doctors who are, in plain English, shitty people. So let’s be real, okay?
4. Stop trying to convince me that Jeb Bush is a great 2016 candidate. He isn’t. Much like McCain wasn’t and Romney wasn’t. The only thing he inspires in great quantity is getting conservatives to stay home.
5. Yes, catcalling happens. Sometimes it’s kind and harmless, sometimes it isn’t. Yes, it’s a problem when strange men follow you in the dark saying gross things. No, I’m not afraid to answer a jerk and put him in his place. The interesting conversation here relates to gender, though. What Shoshana Roberts should’ve done was compare the very same walk on the very same streets at the very same hours between a good-looking woman and a good-looking man. See what happens. How were the male and female walks different in terms of what comments came their way? I would’ve found that to be an interesting gender comparison. But is her video pretty accurate as someone who has lived in NYC my entire life? Yes.
6. Finally, are people still talking about Renee Zellweger’s face? Really? Yes, it looks drastically different. Who cares? It’s her face, not yours. Do I wish more Hollywood celebrities would be honest about their surgeries? Yes. Do I think most of them look better in the before pictures? Yes. Do I personally loathe Botox and facelifts? Yes. But do I really give a shit what someone else does to their face if it makes them happy? Not even a little bit. It’s their business, not mine. (That goes for Bruce Jenner too. Leave the damn guy alone, for God’s sake.)
Jedediah Bila is co-host of “Outnumbered” on Fox News at 12pm ET. She is an author, columnist, and Fox News Contributor. Follow Jedediah on Twitter @JedediahBila.