Actor Tom Arnold has been tapped to star in a Viceland investigative documentary series intended to dig up dirt and damaging recordings from President Donald Trump’s past.
Vice Media said Wednesday that it has started production on the eight-part series, titled, The Hunt for the Trump Tapes. The documentary will build on audio like the infamous Access Hollywood outtakes. Arnold will work as a journalist to dig up damning material from Trump reality TV past he believes are buried in various vaults of the entertainment companies the real estate mogul has ties to.
“Nobody thought I could ever be an investigative journalist, but then again, nobody thought Donald Trump could be President,” Arnold, 59, says in a press release. “Let’s hope this marks the end of both our new careers.”
“Along the way, Arnold will look into the network of powerful people and companies who have kept these revelatory and potentially damaging recordings under lock-and-key,” the release states, further describing the series as a mix between “All the President’s Men by way of Curb Your Enthusiasm. Equal parts political intrigue and investigation with show business nonsense and family matters.”
Arnold has taken to social media to boast about how people are sending in tips to a Viceland secure site.
— Tom Arnold (@TomArnold) May 3, 2018
Tom Arnold doesn’t shy away from expressing his hatred for President Trump.
Last week the True Lies star faced heavy fire after he told conservative commentator Candace Owens to “suck racist dick” after she expressed support for Kanye West’s embrace of President Trump.