Police in Covington, Kentucky, said a homeowner’s son was justified in killing one of three armed intruders who entered his family’s home Tuesday.
River City News reports that the incident occurred around 1:30 a.m. Tuesday morning. Three armed suspects entered the home and confronted 54-year-old Floyd Gillie Sr. and his wife, 48-year-old Darlene Gillie. Police indicated that the suspects “demanded to know the whereabouts of someone else who had not lived at the residence in a number of years.”
Twenty-four-year-old Floyd Gillie Jr. heard the commotion and grabbed his gun. Police believe one of the intruders, 43-year-old Joshua Kersey, then approached Floyd Jr.’s bedroom and was shot.
All three suspects ran out of the house after Floyd Jr. opened fire, but Kersey collapsed outside and succumbed to his wounds.
The Conservative Review reports that Kenton County Commonwealth attorney Rob Sanders pointed to Kentucky’s Castle Doctrine and noted that Floyd Jr. will face no charges for killing Kersey.
Rep. Thomas Massie (R-KY) tweeted about the incident, warning home intruders to think twice before messing with Kentucky residents:
Intruders should think twice about entering homes in Kentucky. This is why I support the castle doctrine.https://t.co/j3FaZfnQR5
— Thomas Massie (@RepThomasMassie) November 28, 2018
AWR Hawkins is an award-winning Second Amendment columnist for Breitbart News, the host of the Breitbart podcast Bullets with AWR Hawkins, and the writer/curator of Down Range with AWR Hawkins, a weekly newsletter focused on all things Second Amendment, also for Breitbart News. He is the political analyst for Armed American Radio. Follow him on Twitter: @AWRHawkins. Reach him directly at email@example.com. Sign up to get Down Range at breitbart.com/downrange.
- America Ferrera at Anti-Trump Women’s March: ‘Platform of Hate and Division Assumed Power Yesterday’
- Michael Moore at Anti-Trump Rally: ‘We Are Here to Vow to End the Trump Carnage!’
- Madonna Drops F-Bombs at Anti-Trump Rally: ‘I’ve Thought a Lot About Blowing Up the White House’
- Anti-Trump Women Marchers Threaten to Never Leave Washington, DC
- WH Press Secretary Sean Spicer Blasts Media’s ‘Deliberately False Reporting’
- Donald Trump: Press Lying About Inauguration Crowd Size