Police in Covington, Kentucky, said a homeowner’s son was justified in killing one of three armed intruders who entered his family’s home Tuesday.
River City News reports that the incident occurred around 1:30 a.m. Tuesday morning. Three armed suspects entered the home and confronted 54-year-old Floyd Gillie Sr. and his wife, 48-year-old Darlene Gillie. Police indicated that the suspects “demanded to know the whereabouts of someone else who had not lived at the residence in a number of years.”
Twenty-four-year-old Floyd Gillie Jr. heard the commotion and grabbed his gun. Police believe one of the intruders, 43-year-old Joshua Kersey, then approached Floyd Jr.’s bedroom and was shot.
All three suspects ran out of the house after Floyd Jr. opened fire, but Kersey collapsed outside and succumbed to his wounds.
The Conservative Review reports that Kenton County Commonwealth attorney Rob Sanders pointed to Kentucky’s Castle Doctrine and noted that Floyd Jr. will face no charges for killing Kersey.
Rep. Thomas Massie (R-KY) tweeted about the incident, warning home intruders to think twice before messing with Kentucky residents:
Intruders should think twice about entering homes in Kentucky. This is why I support the castle doctrine.https://t.co/j3FaZfnQR5
— Thomas Massie (@RepThomasMassie) November 28, 2018
AWR Hawkins is an award-winning Second Amendment columnist for Breitbart News, the host of the Breitbart podcast Bullets with AWR Hawkins, and the writer/curator of Down Range with AWR Hawkins, a weekly newsletter focused on all things Second Amendment, also for Breitbart News. He is the political analyst for Armed American Radio. Follow him on Twitter: @AWRHawkins. Reach him directly at email@example.com. Sign up to get Down Range at breitbart.com/downrange.
- Fact-Check: Yes, Our Trade Deficit for Goods Is Nearly $800 Billion
- Fact-Check: Yes, the Nuclear Deal Hands ‘$150 Billion’ Over to Iran
- Fact-Check: Yes, Bill Clinton Was Disbarred and Fined After Impeachment
- Fact-Check: No, It Is Not True That Donald Trump ‘Never Apologizes’
- Fact-Check: Yes, Hillary Clinton Did Laugh After Successfully Defending a Child Rapist
- Fact-Check: No, Donald Trump Never Attacked Capt. Humayun Khan
- Fact-Check: Yes, Hillary Clinton Has Expressed Support for Single-Payer Socialized Medicine
- Fact-Check: Yes, Hillary Clinton Deleted ‘Several Thousand Work-Related’ Emails
- Fact-Check: Yes, the San Bernardino Terrorists’ Neighbors Failed to Report Them
- Fact-Check: No, We Cannot Successfully Implement ‘Tough Vetting’ of Refugees — Hillary Clinton Herself Admitted It’s Not ‘Possible’
- Fact-Check: No, Senator Clinton Did Not Vote for Significant Tax Reform
- Fact-Check: No, Jihadists Do Not Use Trump Immigration Policy to Recruit
- Fact-Check: No, Hillary Clinton’s Campaign Manager Did Not Push the Birther Controversy
- Fact-Check: Yes, Hillary Clinton Used the Same Tax Loophole Donald Trump Used
- Fact-Check: No, Hillary Clinton Was Not ‘Gone’ When Obama Drew ‘Red Line’ on Syria
- Fact-Check: No, Hillary Clinton Was Not a Leader in Rallying Support for the Children’s Health Insurance Program
- Fact-Check: No, Hillary Clinton Did Not Apologize for ‘Basket of Deplorables’
- Fact-Check: Yes, We Are Experiencing Slow Economic Growth, But Not the Slowest Since 1929
- Fact-Check: Yes, Hillary Clinton Said She Wants to Put ‘Coal Miners Out of Business’
- Fact-Check: Yes, Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama Have Refused to Say ‘Radical Islamic Terrorism’
- Fact-Check: Yes, Trump Did Tell His Followers to ‘Check Out’ a ‘Sex Tape’
- Fact-Check: Yes, the United States Has ‘Just About the Highest’ Corporate Taxes in the World
- Fact-Check: Yes, Under Obamacare ‘Health Insurance Is Going Up’