Police in Covington, Kentucky, said a homeowner’s son was justified in killing one of three armed intruders who entered his family’s home Tuesday.
River City News reports that the incident occurred around 1:30 a.m. Tuesday morning. Three armed suspects entered the home and confronted 54-year-old Floyd Gillie Sr. and his wife, 48-year-old Darlene Gillie. Police indicated that the suspects “demanded to know the whereabouts of someone else who had not lived at the residence in a number of years.”
Twenty-four-year-old Floyd Gillie Jr. heard the commotion and grabbed his gun. Police believe one of the intruders, 43-year-old Joshua Kersey, then approached Floyd Jr.’s bedroom and was shot.
All three suspects ran out of the house after Floyd Jr. opened fire, but Kersey collapsed outside and succumbed to his wounds.
The Conservative Review reports that Kenton County Commonwealth attorney Rob Sanders pointed to Kentucky’s Castle Doctrine and noted that Floyd Jr. will face no charges for killing Kersey.
Rep. Thomas Massie (R-KY) tweeted about the incident, warning home intruders to think twice before messing with Kentucky residents:
Intruders should think twice about entering homes in Kentucky. This is why I support the castle doctrine.https://t.co/j3FaZfnQR5
— Thomas Massie (@RepThomasMassie) November 28, 2018
AWR Hawkins is an award-winning Second Amendment columnist for Breitbart News, the host of the Breitbart podcast Bullets with AWR Hawkins, and the writer/curator of Down Range with AWR Hawkins, a weekly newsletter focused on all things Second Amendment, also for Breitbart News. He is the political analyst for Armed American Radio. Follow him on Twitter: @AWRHawkins. Reach him directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sign up to get Down Range at breitbart.com/downrange.
- Fact-Check: Clinton Took Donations from Foreign Governments as Secretary of State
- Fact-Check: Bill Clinton Called ObamaCare a ‘Crazy System’
- Fact-Check: Donald Trump Did Not Call All Mexicans ‘Rapists’ and ‘Criminals’
- Fact-Check: Stop-and-Frisk Has Nothing to Do with Police-Community Relations
- Fact-Check: Iran Deal Does Not ‘Eliminate’ Nuclear Program
- Fact-Check: Donald Trump’s Position on the Federal Minimum Wage
- Fact-Check: Tim Kaine Claims Background Checks ‘Make Us Safer’
- Fact-Check: Trump Did Not Say Israel Must Pay ‘Big League’ or We Would Not Work with Them
- Fact-Check: Mike Pence and Social Security Reform
- Fact-Check: Tim Kaine Claims Terror Threat ‘Has Decreased’ During Obama Era
- Fact-Check: Pence Did Not Say Vladimir Putin Was ‘Inarguably a Better Leader Than Barack Obama’
- Fact-Check: No, the Israeli Military Did Not Say Iran Deal Stopped Iran’s Nuclear Program
- Fact-Check: No, the Clinton Foundation Did Not Rank Higher Than the American Red Cross
- Fact-Check: Tim Kaine Was a Leader of the Boycott of Netanyahu
- Fact-Check: Tim Kaine Didn’t Mention That the Governor of Virginia Was a Segregationist Democrat When Barbara Johns Walked Out of Her School
- Fact-Check: Tim Kaine Is Wrong; Trump Vowed to Deport ‘Criminal Aliens’ on ‘Day One’
- Fact-Check: No, Discriminating Among Immigrants on National Origin Is Not Unconstitutional
- Fact-Check: Yes, the Obama-Clinton Recovery is the Slowest, Since…