- Joe Kennedy Talks Spanish to DACA Illegal Aliens: ‘We Will Fight For You!’
- ‘Build A Wall And My Generation Will Tear It Down:’ Joe Kennedy Recalls Woke Anti-Trump…
- Fact-Check: No, Fall River, Massachusetts, Was Not ‘Built by Immigrants’
- ICONIC: North Korean Dissident Ji Seong-Ho Holds Up Crutches After President Trump Praises Him in…
- Trump in SOTU Address: ‘It Is Time’ for Merit-Based Legal Immigration
During his State of the Union Address, President Donald Trump touted his economic achievements, boosting that, “African-American unemployment stands at the lowest rate ever recorded.”
According to the Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics, seasonally adjusted unemployment for African Americans in January 2018 hit 6.8%, the lowest figure ever posted for that statistic since it began being published in 1972. The numbers is down 1.1% from the 7.9% seasonally adjusted black unemployment rate in the last full month of President Barack Obama’s term.
The overall unemployment rate for January was 4.1 percent, also a historically low figure.