Folks, the Democrats and We Are Ohio unions will stop at NOTHING to preserve the government union advantage over the officials we elect to manage our tax dollars. They will say, and do, absolutely ANYTHING to stop the reasonable reforms in Issue 2 from taking effect.
- They lied to you about being able to bargain for safety equipment.
- They continually wage class warfare by asserting that unionized government employees are the entirety of Ohio’s middle class, when in fact, they are actually a tiny single digit percentage.
- The Plain Dealer and Politifact reported that they lied to you when they said Issue 2 would make it harder for nurses to care for patients, and also about legislators writing a supposed “loophole” into the law.
- Disgustingly, they somehow brought race into the debate by saying that Issue 2 would take us back to the days of Jim Crow laws.
- The continually cite a compensation report written by a questionable “researcher” who was caught on tape agreeing to “kill” information that didn’t meet the Ohio teachers’ union’s desired outcome.
I keep thinking they can’t sink any lower. They keep proving me wrong. Today, Building a Better Ohio, the good guys fighting to protect the reforms contained in Senate Bill 5, disclosed the names of their donors. Not long after, The Ohio Democratic Party proclaimed that they were going to start tweeting the names of companies “bankrolling attacks on Ohio’s middle class.”
And they followed through. They started listing Ohio companies, accused each one of “attacking Ohio’s middle class”, and listed each company’s address and telephone numbers. And, they asked their followers to rebroadcast all of this information to their followers!
They have since deleted all of these tweets. But we have a screen shot of some of the tweets before they took them down.