STORE

U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission

Hoverboard (Robyn Beck / AFP / Getty)

Hoverboard Sets California House on Fire

A hoverboard that caught fire inside a Van Nuys home nearly burned the entire house to the ground, but quick-thinking firefighters were able to prevent catastrophe and successfully douse the flames.

Hoverboard (Stephen Brashear / Associated Press)

Hoverboard Bursts into Flames on L.A. Sidewalk

A man riding a hoverboard in the Koreatown neighborhood of Los Angeles got quite a shock Wednesday when the board he was riding suddenly “exploded” beneath his feet and burst into flames.